Kreon released a new version of his firmware for the Samsung SH-D162C PC DVD-drive. This modified firmware allows you to dump original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs with the cheap SH-D162 PC DVD drive (no Xbox(360)-drive or disc hot-swap required).
XBOX 360 enabled alternative FW for the Samsung SH-D162C drive - V0.81
The time has come for a small update. A few bugs/problems was identified in the V0.80 release, so a lot of effort has gone into testing
V0.81 in order to provide a more stable and reliable experience.
Changes/fixes in this release..
* Fixed: Wrong disc size was reported following a SS extraction when in 'lock' mode.
* Fixed: SS extraction for XBOX game discs didn't work as expected, causing incorrect data in response table.
* Added: The speed of the drive is set to 6x prior to extracting SS data just like the TS-H943 does 5x.
* Added: A sense error 03/11/00 (Media Error - Read Error) will now be reported, if an unrecoverable read error occurs during SS extraction.
* Fixed: A few other minor fixes to improve overall performance an reliability.
This is what you get..
* Full challenge/response functionality.
* Two types of unlock for XBOX 360 game discs. One for making xtreme style images and one for making wxripper style images. Both types of iso can be made using isobuster. Ripping using wxripper isn't supported for the time being
* A 'lock' function that will cancel any enabled unlock state. This can be very useful for custom applications.
* 'Error skipping' which basically speeds up the error handling of the drive. A complete wxripper style image (including video) can be obtained in 15-16 minutes, when error skipping is enabled. Getting through the critical area of LBA 19408-20479 will take you more than 20 minutes alone, if error skipping is disabled Sad
* A much more streamlined command interface which is good news if you intend to write an application that makes use of the drives extra features.
* The drive will default to unlock state 2 and error skip enabled when a 360 media is inserted. You can in other words use isobuster to obtain a wxripper style image without issuing any commands to the drive Smiley
* RPC1 support (RPC-2 actually but with automatic change of drive region and RCE support)
This is what you'll have to wait for..
* Hardware correct timing for response types 5 & 7.
n/a by Kreon on www.xboxhacker.net