Published byoz_wilbur on 2004-08-29 Category: Xbox Live | Page Views: 98,693
' Banned Xbox Live Fix - New EEPROM '
To get unbanned you need to purchase a new xbox EEPROM(pal or ntsc). Steps for installing it are listed below. IT WORKS. Just make sure your orginal MS info is correct and your modchip is turned off.
GETTING THE EEPROM FILE FROM THE UNBANNED XBOX
(TO INSTALL YOUR EEPROM, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING CONFIGMAGIC FINAL* ALL OTHER VERSIONS ARE BUGGY AND WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS. ALSO, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE: EEPROMER)
[This is only if you want to backup your original eeprom file]
1. In EvolutionX, do the "Backup" command in the Utilities menu. It will generate files about your Xbox specs.
2. FTP in your Xbox, or use a file manager tool, and in C:Backup, you will find a file called EEPROM.BIN
3. FTP that to your PC HD or remember its location for future reference.
SETTING UP THE FILE FOR CONFIGMAGIC FOR THE BANNED XBOX:
1. Once you have Configmagic loaded onto your HD or on your PC, there will be a directory in it called DATA.
2. Move the EEPROM.BIN file, the new unbanned EEPROM you purchased, into that DATA directory, overwriting the EEPROM.BIN file that is already there.
3. If you are making a Configmagic CD, you can now make the ISO of it and burn it. Xbox HD users, don't worry.
1. Load up Configmagic.
2. A warning screen will be shown, press "A" to bypass it.
3. When Configmagic finally loads, it will show your current EEPROM on your Xbox. Make a note of the DVD KIT ZONE and VIDEO AND XBE REGION information. "NTSC, Region 1" for US Xbox gamers "PAL, Region 4" for UK Xbox gamers
4. Select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
5. Select "UNLOCK HD" in the menu.
6. Load the EEPROM.BIN file in the DATA directory by choosing "LOAD EEPROM FROM .BIN FILE"
7. If you see that the VIDEO AND XBE REGION information is different, you MUST change it. Go into the menu and choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM". Change the VIDEO AND XBE REGION number to the proper information of your former EEPROM.
8. Now, select "UPDATE XBOX EEPROM" in the menu.
9. Your Xbox's EEPROM will now be updated with the file in the DATA directory.10. In the menu, select "LOAD XBOX EEPROM". You will notice your EEPROM is now different! Success.
11. Select "LOCK HD" from the menu.
12. Select "EXIT CONFIGMAGIC" in the menu.
- If you were using the XBOX DVD KIT to play DVDs, and the Xbox gives an error about region, load up Configmagic and change the DVD KIT ZONE number to the number of your previous EEPROM. UNLOCK the HD, choose "ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM" in the menu and simply change the DVD KIT ZONE number. Then, UPDATE XBOX EEPROM and LOCK HD. Exit Configmagic.
- You can view any Xbox EEPROM using your PC by getting Liveinfo PC program. It will show all the details of an EEPROM.BIN file. You might find it easier to edit any possible changes to your DVD KIT ZONE or VIDEO AND XBE REGION using the program, rather ON-THE-FLY EDIT EEPROM in Configmagic.
- Sometimes, with a PAL EEPROM, your Xbox's time might be wrong or video settings will be different. Go into the MS dash and change the settings to the way you seem fit.
- If you were banned with your original eeprom, once you replace your eeprom, you will need recover your account. To do this, simply select the account recovery option. Once this is done, you will need to verify some personal information in order to retrieve your account.
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy collects three entries in the world's most popular game series, for non-stop action as you fight to save yourself, earn money and make your name in the underworld. Featur..