Team-xecuter.com posted more details about their XHM Project where they'll release all info/schematics and sourcecode that will allow you to make a homemade DVD patchmod for Xbox360:
Here's a few preliminary details of the project
We decided on using Ubicom SX series of chips. It will work on any chip from SX18 upwards. Decision to do this was 3 fold:
1. There are a lot of ppl out there who can understand the language. Many of the PS2 homebrew projects were done using this PIC (ICE Modchip Project etc).
2. Its one of the fastest pics - does a lot of jobs that a cpld would do (not as good granted - but easier for hobbiests to work with)
3. There are a shat load of docs on this chip and language. Plus there are loads of homebrew programmers available - the best being "Fluffy2" - http://www.semis.demon.co.uk/Sx/SXmain.htm
4. Its cheap. You can source the pics from $1 upto $5 - not hard to find. Ive asked one of our suppliers to see if they can get large batchs to give out to retailers at cost - but google is your friend also (example here)
5. You don't need to use a pcb - although we will rls a schemtic for those who have the facilities. You can get PCB's made for about $1-$2 - no doubt a few stores will supply hobbiests.
We have worked hard on getting the current code to be as efficient as possible. For a PIC it works really well and you should get a lot of fun out of it as its an easy language plus its only 30 odd lines of code - its not that hard at all !
I hope to get a release to you from tomorrow - just working on state listings and timing diagrams for the patching area`s
This is the pin out for an SX18 to the Samsung Drive:
SX18 pins --- samsung fw pin
6 - RB0 13 - D0
7 - RB1 14 - D1
8 - RB2 15 - D2
9 - RB3 17 - D3
10 - RB4 18 - D4
11 - RB5 19 - D5
12 - RB6 20 - D6
13 - RB7 21 - D7
14 - 5v volts any earth
5 - earth 5 volt rails
SX Pin 4 Linked to SX Pin 14
If you are interested in the project and are going to have a go - GOOD LUCK!
If you're gonna ***** don't bother - we've heard it all before.