|| Ltools Installer for Easily Softmodding an Xbox.
Ltools Installer for Easily Softmodding an Xbox.Published by Sjohn Chambers on 2004-11-08
Category: Softmod | Page Views: 35,269
Ltools Installer for Easily Softmodding an Xbox.
- Action Replay (or another way to get save games from your computer to your xbox)
- Save game file for the game of your choice. (MechAssault, Splinter Cell or Agent Under Fire)
- Save game file named ltools_dashes.zip (this allows you to have another dashboard instead of the default. [adds evox, unleashx, and avalaunch])
Install the Action Replay software and insure it works as it should. If you downloaded the 007:AUF or MA game save continue to the instructions below. If you downloaded the Splinter Cell game save, you will have to extract the rar file (www.rarlabs.com) so that you will have part1 and part2 zip files. These are the game saves for this game.
1. Load the Action Replay software, and ensure that the memory card is empty.
2. Locate the saved game zip file that you downloaded from the downloads section here on this site. It is located under the exploits section.
3. Drag this zip file to the left most frame of the AR software, this will cause the game save to be copied over to the memory card. After this copies insert the memory card into your controller.
4. Boot the Xbox without a game inside the drive. This should launch the default MS Dashboard. Choose the memory option here, then go to the memory card. Inside the memory card you should see the save game file.
5. You need to highlight the game save then hit 'A' to bring up the options menu, then copy the game save to the hard drive.
6. Follow the same instructions but now with the ltools_dashes.zip file, Action Replay sees this as a game save, and so does the MS Dashboard so you can copy it over just as easily.
Now it's time to start your favorite game, then load the exploited save game file.
1. Insert the game, then go to campaign mode like you were going to play a single player game. You should see the Profiled called "Run Linux". When selecting this profile, MxM will launch and load ltools.
2. You will be presented with a menu, press the 'B' button, this will load the main menu.
3. Here you will need to go to the UXE Menu, and choose to Install UXE.
4. Pretty much this is it, it automatically does a backup of your C drive so you can uninstall the softmod. I recommend using the following options: PBL-Metoo, X2 Bios (v1.6 users use Evox M8), Evox Dashboard. Failsafe boot by the tray: On.
Only difference that you should notice is that this will not work on PAL v1.6s. And also you will have the option between UDE and UDE2. The above UXE is based on UDE2, and I would recommend using UDE2. I'm currently working on making UXE to work with 007 and SC, if I get it to work, or they are released before I do, I will upload them here.
If you run into any problems you can just ask on the xbox-hq.com forums and someone should be able to help. Most of the time it is because you need to update your dashboard. Just run an xbox live enabled game, and then try to go to xbox live. This will automatically update your dashboard
Related URL: Exploit Downoads
|| Browse Tutorials
| || Members Online (5) / Guests Online (250) || ||
| Latest News|
| Popular Xbox Games|
| Medal of Honor European Assault|
Page Views: 317984
Europe 1942. These are desperate hours for the Allied forces as the Nazi war machine rages across a devastated European landscape. With the British on the brink, Lt. William Holt of the OSS is sent on..
|More Xbox Games|