' By using this tutorial you will be bale to make your own xbox memory card using a USB thumb drive. Plus its fully reversable without affecting the thumb drive itself '
What you will need:
- 1xUSB thumb drive. (I used an extremely cheap 64mb drive. 64 mb is more than enough space for xbox too)
- 1xSoldering Iron
- 1xSolder (well deerr you may say hehe)
- Some electrical tape and/or
- 1x breakaway cable (just the part that plugs into the xbox itself, BEWARE:It is about to be butchered so use a spare one)
- 1x USB male to female extension cord.(most come with the actual thumb drive)
Now get the usb extension cable, cut that in half, it can be closer to the female end as that is the part we will be using. Now inside the cable you will see 4 coloured wires, green, black, red and white, strip each wire but make sure you know which colour is which and dont mix them up, or let each wire touch.
Now do the same with the breakaway cable, but you will notice there is an extra yellow wire, well that doesnt matter, just ignore that one. Now solder all the wires together, (ie red to red, white to white etc)
And wrap each connected wire in its own electrical tape(or heatshrink) and then wrap them all together too, so its like one big cable again. It is critical that the connections are solid, and that different coloured wires do not touch each other. It will not work at all if they do.
You can now plug your usb thumb drive into your xbox, and it will automatically format it for you. Your actual memory card is now finished. You can use it just as you would a standard memorey card.
But if you would like your own Action Replay memory card there is a great little tutorial on this page. I would re write their tutorial but it has pictures which are needed for setup. But i can tell you that Action Replay works great.