Published byforahobby on 2004-09-08 Category: Networking | Page Views: 47,073
Just to start.. Normally all auto installers configure your xbox to run on a set network range when they install the dashboards.. If you dont know much about ip address ranges etc its best just to leave your xbox settings alone and get your pc to match the xbox network.
Here are the network settings which our XBOXHQ AUTOINSTALLER uses on everyinstall of a dashboard to your xbox..
XBOX-HQ AUTOINSTALLER v1.3f settings:
XBOX NETWORK INFO
as per the evox.ini and 'system settings'.
First we have to get your pc network information.. So we can see if you are in the same ip address range.. You probably are not but that doesnt matter.. Read on.. YOU WILL SOON LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR XBOX & PC TRANSFER FILES.
HOW TO GET YOUR PC NETWORK INFO:
1. Click 'Start Menu' then Click on 'Run'
2. Type 'cmd' on nt/2k/xp or 'command' on 95/98/me and then press enter.
3. When the command prompt window comes up type 'ipconfig /all' and then press enter.
4. Ok, notice from the example above that the ip address for my computer is 192.168.1.101.. There is no way i can connect to the xbox because its on a different range.. See the difference..? ITs the MAGIC number '1'...
What you need to do is set your pc network to 192.168.0.1 or any ip address range till 192.168.0.101 etc.. you get the idea?
CHANGE YOUR PC IP ADDRESS TO MATCH XBOX NETWORK:
1. Click 'Start Menu'
2. Choose 'Control Panel'
3. Choose 'Network Connections' (double click)
4. Right CLick your Network Card (local area connection) and choose 'Properties'.
5. In NETWORK PROPERTiES double click 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' or click on option then choose PROPERTIES button.
(making sure that the tickbox for Internet Protocol TCP/IP is still ticked 'on')
6. Check the box 'use the following IP Address' and fill our with these details.
GATEWAY: leave blank
'use following DNS servers':
Preferred DNS: leave blank
Alternative DNS: leave blank
7. now once you have entered all that info above click the 'OK' button and then 'OK' again. (basically close all windows by pressing ok until all saved)
8. You may have to reboot your computer before the IP ADDRESS becomes active.. But to check just do the same procedure you first did..
GET YOUR PC NETWORK INFO AGAIN (just do the first procedure again).. You should now have a ip address of 192.168.0.1..
BOTH THE XBOX AND PC SHOULD NOW BE ON THE SAME NETWORK!!!
Now just connect to your xbox using these settings in flashfxp on your pc: (making sure you have a network cable connected)
Im hoping some guys will find this useful.. If not just ask in the forums.. Im always here to help! Ask in the forums.
forahobby: ' I also have added a link to the forum post which was very similar to this tutorial.. Steve69 only had to change one digit in his ip address to get a connection.. Just have a read.. It may help you understand it a bit more.. '
Keep racing and never lose sight of your dream to become the world's best SnoCross Champion! You will have to race, win and buy the ultimate snowmobile and advance your way to the top! Speed through o..