Published byXanTium on 2003-05-31 Category: Modchip | Page Views: 90,604
THIS TUTORIAL IS VERY OUTDATED.. TO EASILY INSTALL A NEW HARDRIVE WE WOULD RECOMMNED YOU LOOK INTO THE "HQ Auto Installer Deluxe" WHICH CAN AUTOMATICALLY DETECT A NEW HARDRIVE AND FORMAT IT FOR YOU! - www.aideluxe.com
All you need for upgrading your xbox hdd and everything else:
'Xbox-Hq Auto Installer Deluxe' which will format and copy all required files to your brand new xbox hdd for normal operation. The Auto Installer Deluxe now has 60+ Dashboards, Apps, Emulators and other Homebrew Software on the one disc which can be booted in your modded xbox.
You can find the Auto Installer Deluxe on the VIP FTP SERVER or in the VIP DOWNLOADS section. Dont forget we also offer downloads of AID free via bit torrent.. Get more information on the official AIDeluxe website here: http://www.aid.xbox-hq.com
Heres' a link to a excellent SWF (flash) tutorial from HQ which will walk you through the XBOX HDD UPGRADE PROCESS with screenshots..
* EvolutionX 1.8.2594 or higher dashboard. (for legal reasons I can't place a downloadlink on this site)
* A modchip/bios with the HDD-swap hack. (check our modchip tables to make sure your modchip/bios has the hdd swap feature).
* A new HDD (normal PC IDE drive upto 138gb - if you use a larger HD , xbox will only be able to use 138gb). NO need to zero(hdprepare) the drive anymore. Just use a new blank drive.
* A CD-RW/DVD-RW (or anything that reads fine in your xbox).
* EvoX dashboard installed on your current HD. (tutorial)
* Know how EvoX Dashboard works (ftp , transfering files , configuring ini file , ...).
2. Backup your settings
Boot your Xbox.
Under "Systems Utils" , select "Backup". (this is the location of the backup utility if u didn't change the menu structure in the original evox.ini file).
This should have made a backup of some important settings of your xbox.
If everything worked fine it made a directory /backup in the C drive of your Xbox HD.
3. Backup your drives
Connect with FTP to your Xbox and copy the whole "C" and "E" drive to your PC HD. ("C" is pretty small , the size of "E" depends on what u uploaded there already).
Make 100% sure you have a FULL backup of the Xbox C & E drive on your PC.
Also check that in C you have a directory /backup with 5 files in it. If you don't have this it means something went wrong in step 2.
4. Make a EvoX Install HD disk
These are the files you need on your Evox Install HD CD :
* The EvoX XBE file , should in the disk root and called "default.xbe"
* The "evox.ini" should be changed , open it in notepad.
Make sure the network settings are set correctly for your home network.
put "UseFDrive" to "Yes"
Delete everything what's under "[Menu]" it and replace by this :
Info "Install HDD - Xbox-Scene"
Warning "This will format all drives"
Warning "Make sure you have a backup of C & E"
Progress "Formatting drives"
You might need to change the network settings of the evox.ini for your configuration. (use the same network settings as on your EvoX dashboard installed on your original Xbox HD).
* You should also add the complete /backup directory from the C drive on your Xbox.
* So , the complete CD should contain :
default.xbe (the evox dash)
evox.ini (the evox ini file)
/backup/bios.bin (from /c/backup on Xbox HD)
/backup/disk.bin (from /c/backup on Xbox HD)
/backup/eeprom.bin (from /c/backup on Xbox HD)
/backup/hddinfo.txt (from /c/backup on Xbox HD)
/backup/hddkey.bin (from /c/backup on Xbox HD)
First make a xiso of the disk content (tutorial) , then burn it with PrimoDVD (tutorial) or Nero (tutorial) on media compatible with your xbox (cd-rw/dvd-rw/dvd-r).
5. Replace HD
Open your xbox (tutorial) and replace the HD. Make sure your new HD is set to "cable-select" and don't forget to plug-in both the electricity-cable & IDE-cable.
I strongly suggest to keep your old harddrive untouched... you might need it later if something goes wrong.
6. Try booting the CD & FTP
Boot your Xbox (it will give a red light after some secs) and put the Evox Install HD disk in the drive.
Power off your xbox and restart it (with disk in the drive).
Evox should boot.
Now make sure that your network settings (in the evox.ini file) are correct ... try to FTP to your xbox. (if it doesn't work, correct evox.ini and reburn a new evox Install HD disk)
If EvoX doesn't even boot , it means :
* you used media your xbox can't read.
* your evox dashboard isn't called default.xbe
* you made an error in the evox.ini
* you didn't make a "xiso" before burning.
* you didn't burn the "xiso" correctly
* your modchip doesn't have the HDD-swap feature
* the disk has no /backup directory with 5files
7. Format the drives
If everything above is OK , just select "Install New drive" and then confirm ("Yes").
The software will now format the drives.
When finished , it will return the EvoX dashboard.
8. Transfer C & E
Now connect with FTP to your xbox. You should see all drivenames.
Transfer the whole C & E backup u made on your PC to the C & E on your new Xbox HD.
Remove the disk from your Xbox , and reboot.
The Xbox should now reboot from your new xbox HD.
If not , you probably did something wrong while restoring the drives.
Just boot the Evox Install HD disk and you can FTP to your xbox again and check what might have gone wrong.
If needed you can always reinstall your old xbox HD.
9. Change evox.ini on C
put "UseFDrive" to "Yes"
else you can't use the F drive correctly.
Jonny Drama is a spy action/adventure game, featuring a 4-player split screen multi-player mode with both characters and vehicles. Feeling something like "Metal Gear Solid meets early James Bond", Jon..