HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 2,202 | Guests: 916 | Members: 10 


   Current Location: Forums New to the modding world!   |   Dashboard problems   |   Xbox Winamp Skins   |   XBOXONE-HQ.COM APP Out Now on Google Play!   |   Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gameplay hits 100k   |   New with modded Xbox!   |   screen split on games xbox original   |   X-Bit 1.5   |   Miscellaneous Xbox Info   |   Original Xbox helpful guides   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Softmod Installer Deluxe v5.01 is released
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> SoftMod Installer Deluxe Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
 Softmod Installer Deluxe v5.01 is released View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
JBriZzeL
V.I.P. Lifetime


Joined: Mar 26, 2006
Posts: 1386
Location: Gearsville,USA

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Hey DJB, thanks yet again for your hard time into this SID 5.01


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
HeavyMetal84
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User



Joined: Mar 21, 2008
Posts: 16

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:14 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Where can I get the Splinter Cell gamesave for v5.01? Someone e-mailed me one named SCNTSCKnav_LINUX_Prof and they said I should use it for v4.5, will that one work for v5.01 as well?


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:32 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
HeavyMetal84 wrote:
Where can I get the Splinter Cell gamesave for v5.01? Someone e-mailed me one named SCNTSCKnav_LINUX_Prof and they said I should use it for v4.5, will that one work for v5.01 as well?


You can get SID 5.01 from www.aidtracker.com
However you'll have to learn how to use Bit Torrent in order to get it.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
HeavyMetal84
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User



Joined: Mar 21, 2008
Posts: 16

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:55 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Got it. I see it comes with the Splinter Cell gamesave. Nice. Smile

One thing I need to know before I do this. When using Action Replay do I transfer the 2 zipped files over to the memory card or do I have to unzip them then transfer them?


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Just drag and drop the zip files into action replay, it will take care of the rest.

you will need to transfer 2 files for splinter cell:

1) the sid 5.10 installer
2) the splinter cell gamesave for your region (ntsc or pal)


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
MoZull
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: v1.0
Modded:

Joined: May 16, 2008
Posts: 3

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:59 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I just finished the softmod install, and am very grateful to DJB (and all others involved in the development) for making it such a simple process. Just thinking about the forerunners who soldered chips onto their motherboards to get this to work. Dam.
Now I just have to wait for AID to dl.

I do have some quick questions though. I've been looking around for an answer, but so far without any luck (the manual is a little vague for newbies like me):
When installing SID 5.01, there is an option to do Single Boot or Dual Boot. Could someone elaborate on the requirements (would stock HD work?) and advantages/disadvantages of each? And also, the next step is choosing between "Standard" and "Virtual C + Eeprom" - same questions (I read a thread that people prefer VC + Eeprom - reason?).
Ok, maybe these aren't that short ^^

Oh and one more thing - is it recommendable to switch the stock HD?

Haha, this is longer than I thought it would be. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance Very Happy


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:07 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
MoZull wrote:
I just finished the softmod install, and am very grateful to DJB (and all others involved in the development) for making it such a simple process. Just thinking about the forerunners who soldered chips onto their motherboards to get this to work. Dam.
Now I just have to wait for AID to dl.

I do have some quick questions though. I've been looking around for an answer, but so far without any luck (the manual is a little vague for newbies like me):
When installing SID 5.01, there is an option to do Single Boot or Dual Boot. Could someone elaborate on the requirements (would stock HD work?) and advantages/disadvantages of each? And also, the next step is choosing between "Standard" and "Virtual C + Eeprom" - same questions (I read a thread that people prefer VC + Eeprom - reason?).
Ok, maybe these aren't that short ^^

Oh and one more thing - is it recommendable to switch the stock HD?

Haha, this is longer than I thought it would be. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance Very Happy


Firstly thanks for you kind words Smile

OK, the difference with Single and Dual boot is with the Dual boot there are 2 ways to boot your Xbox. So, if you start the Xbox via the Eject Button it will boot an alternate way to normal.

If you're a noob dont worry about the Virtual C too much, it is good but at the same time it can be a problem to fix if there is any problems.

I wouldnt say it recommendable or not to swap the HDD, however if you dont have a Modchip it can be a difficult proces..

Hope that helps...


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
MoZull
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: v1.0
Modded:

Joined: May 16, 2008
Posts: 3

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:29 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
^^ Thanks!
I'll test the Single and Dual-boot options out and stick with the Standard softmod. As for the HDD, will leave it as is.

I saw there are some male to female USB adapters - if one were to hook up an external through that, would the Xbox recognize it?


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
wes213
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: Feb 04, 2007
Posts: 10519
Location: Harrisonburg V.A.

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Only up to 4GB. Wink


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
Smoke_Screen_UK
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: 1.0, 1.3, 1.6
Modded: Soft, Xecuter 3 CE, Soft

Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Posts: 2
Location: Plymouth, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 am   
Post subject: Dual Boot with Virtual C not working
Reply with quote
 
First of all, big thanks for a great utility and keep up the good work if you plan future releases.

This is the first softmod I've done so my problem might be down to something I've done wrong.

I'm having an issue with dual booting the Softmod menu with Evolution X or Unleash dashboards when I choose the virtual C and EEPROM option. The box boots normally to both of the hacked dashboards with the power button but just boots to a blank screen when I use the eject button.

If I install dual boot without the virtual C and EEPROM it works fine.
Also if I install dual boot with the MS dash and virtual C and EEPROM it works fine.

I don't know if I'm alone with this problem as I've not seen any other posts mentioning it.

About the Xbox
PAL v1.1 with 80GB hard disk and standard Philips DVD Rom.
I'm pretty sure it's not a hard disk issue but I could be wrong, this is the first upgrade I've done on a softmod Xbox.
I've included the process I used just in case there is something I missed that someone can point out.
    Original 8GB hard disk put into Xbox with Xecuter 3 modchip.
    Original EEPROM and C + E partitions backed up to PC.
    New 80GB hard disk put into PC and LiveInfo used to modify a copy of original EEPROM to generate new HDD password.
    New 80GB disk put into Xbox with modchip and prepared using the Xecuter 3 dashboard (C, E, F partitions).
    Modified EEPROM flashed to modchip and used to lock new 80GB disk.
    Original C + E partitions restored to new 80GB disk.
    New 80GB disk put back into original Xbox and booted up fine.


Sorry for the length of the post, I just figured that the more info there was the easier it would be to figure out what the problem might be.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
Cyrrel
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: 1.0, 1.3, 1.6
Modded: Soft, Xecuter 3 CE, Soft

Joined: Jun 22, 2008
Posts: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:32 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Hi,

I have just bought my 3rd XBOX (first was hardmodded by a friend) but got stolen, 2nd was stolen as well (bad luck with my flat and thieves Sad ) - hopefully my 3rd one will have better luck. Well anyway, I am doing all the preperations to softmod it as XBMC is the only interest for me.

So I just bought Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory because I've read in a tutorial, that I need it in order to update the firmware to the latest version and to use the savegame from the SID installer.

But now I have read in another tutorial on that page that Chaos Theory won't work and I need Splinter Cell 1. Before I am going to buy this one as well - could someone of you tell me what the correct version is?

Is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory going to work for the fake save game thing?


Really appreciate your support!

Thanks


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:12 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Cyrrel wrote:
Hi,

I have just bought my 3rd XBOX (first was hardmodded by a friend) but got stolen, 2nd was stolen as well (bad luck with my flat and thieves Sad ) - hopefully my 3rd one will have better luck. Well anyway, I am doing all the preperations to softmod it as XBMC is the only interest for me.

So I just bought Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory because I've read in a tutorial, that I need it in order to update the firmware to the latest version and to use the savegame from the SID installer.

But now I have read in another tutorial on that page that Chaos Theory won't work and I need Splinter Cell 1. Before I am going to buy this one as well - could someone of you tell me what the correct version is?

Is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory going to work for the fake save game thing?

Really appreciate your support!

Thanks


No, it won't work, the only one that does work is the FIRST Splinter cell, not Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
wes213
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: Feb 04, 2007
Posts: 10519
Location: Harrisonburg V.A.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
You cant run the linux files from the card and if it hangs you might need to update your MS dash.

My net is down so i will post more help as soon as i can.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
NewbieHackzorz
Xbox-HQ Enthusiast
Xbox-HQ Enthusiast

Xbox Version: OG
Modded: SID 5.0

Joined: Aug 29, 2008
Posts: 30
Location: Hugo,MN

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
ok i have the SID files but when i try to put them on the mem. card it says that they are not valid Xbox saves this happening to anyone else?


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
pootymack
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member


Joined: Jun 03, 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Clarksville,TN

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:02 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
you didn't unzip them did you?


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next |
 All times are GMT | Page 4 of 5
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (10) / Guests Online (916)
Members Browsing
MelbaPicke, KelleeMack, HoseaBeauc, forahobby, doa666, JodiWeiner, AbigailKen, Donaldkaday, BerylDuckw, hostie,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users