HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 2,587 | Guests: 942 | Members: 7 


   Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Modchips,X3CP, OGx360, Beta Debug Live console Jewels   |   Compare all Xbox One Consoles   |   JOIN THE XBOX-HQ DISCORD CHAT (44 ONLINE)   |   Get the free XBOXONEHQ app for Android (2000+ Installs)   |   ARCADE1UP-HQ.COM - Arcade1UP Modders   |   1.6 Powers up but immediately shuts down   |   V.I.P Memberships Now Available   |   Should I Use A VPN When Streaming Movies Using Kodi Or Terra   |   Modded Arcade1UP Cabinet (First Attempt) - PICS   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Having problems with SID 4? READ HERE!!!
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> SoftMod Installer Deluxe Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
 Having problems with SID 4? READ HERE!!! View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak


Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 866
Location: Kansas City MO

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:59 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
can you explain more of your kinda/modded/unmodded/somewhat situation.

and have you coldbooted the game?
-where it loads your original exploitable game before your hdd, so other softmods are booted.

_________________
Xbox v1.1
TSOP EvoxM8+ 1mb
Avalunch SAC skin
Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
INSOMANiAC
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: v1.6b
Modded: Aladdinxt Pro

Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 9

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:43 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Hi i have another problem, whether its related to this installer or not i dont know, someone brought a softmodded and tsopped xbox to me, the softmodding hadnt been entiorly successful as the discs spin for ages before the machine will read any data from them, anyway, I think the fella is using SID 3.
I went to use SID 4 to delete everything and start again but after entering the linux bit on splinter cell it just goes blank, any ideas?


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak


Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 866
Location: Kansas City MO

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:20 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
http://xbox-hq.com/html/postt12016.html#68995

Read ISSUE# 2, another thing i didn't mention there, but having a Hacked bios, leads to a black screen, cause NKpatcher is to be loaded, and patch a retail kernel, if you have tsop flashed, or a modchip with a hacked bios, all it will lead to is a black screen.

_________________
Xbox v1.1
TSOP EvoxM8+ 1mb
Avalunch SAC skin
Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
2gunsup
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie


Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Posts: 6
Location: Paterson, NJ

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:18 pm   
Post subject: HELP WITH ERROR #9
Reply with quote
 
I have religiously followed your the official instructions for this softmod, I went ahead and selected to make my system a Dual Boot with Ndure to use XBOX Live, after doing so I tried to get into network settings and xbox live through the ms dash and it just turned black, I came to this forum and it states

" 9.- When i boot Ndure retail mode, all looks good, but i choose the xbox live tab from MS Dash and it goes to a black screen.

A.- Simply is cause xbox live tab from ms dash loads it's own dash files from C:\xodash, but that's where the exploit fonts are located, so if you choose that it will freeze cause it will try to load the fonts again, leading to wanting to boot softmod, which will end up freezing, you will also get a black screen if you try to PUT A BACKUP GAME when running Ndure. In no way Ndure allows you to run backups in Xbox Live!. Use FuckMS for that, but we will not help you do this, and you can get into serious problems and get your credit card blacklisted if caught.
- Always sign in to xbox live from ingame, not from MS Dash. "

Followed these instructions and when i try to get into live through ingame the game gives me a cant connect error, then it asks if i want to run the troubleshooter, i select yes and it goes to msdash and updates xbox live, then i get an error 21 when i try to boot in retail mode, ive tried a couple of times and get the same results, i have used the softmod uninstaller to get my xbox back to full retail working mode, If anyone got any ideas how i can get xbox live working id apprecaite it, the 2 games i have tried xbox live with are call of duty 1 and halo 2


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
 
 
 
 
INSOMANiAC
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: v1.6b
Modded: Aladdinxt Pro

Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posts: 9

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:14 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
of course, how stupid of me, thanks Wink

do you happen to know if the disc spinning for a long time is a modding issue or is it just a broken DVD drive? it was fine before he took it for a softmod

Happy New Year !!


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
2gunsup
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie


Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Posts: 6
Location: Paterson, NJ

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:52 pm   
Post subject: Re: HELP WITH ERROR #9
Reply with quote
 
2gunsup wrote:
I have religiously followed your the official instructions for this softmod, I went ahead and selected to make my system a Dual Boot with Ndure to use XBOX Live, after doing so I tried to get into network settings and xbox live through the ms dash and it just turned black, I came to this forum and it states

" 9.- When i boot Ndure retail mode, all looks good, but i choose the xbox live tab from MS Dash and it goes to a black screen.

A.- Simply is cause xbox live tab from ms dash loads it's own dash files from C:\xodash, but that's where the exploit fonts are located, so if you choose that it will freeze cause it will try to load the fonts again, leading to wanting to boot softmod, which will end up freezing, you will also get a black screen if you try to PUT A BACKUP GAME when running Ndure. In no way Ndure allows you to run backups in Xbox Live!. Use FuckMS for that, but we will not help you do this, and you can get into serious problems and get your credit card blacklisted if caught.
- Always sign in to xbox live from ingame, not from MS Dash. "

Followed these instructions and when i try to get into live through ingame the game gives me a cant connect error, then it asks if i want to run the troubleshooter, i select yes and it goes to msdash and updates xbox live, then i get an error 21 when i try to boot in retail mode, ive tried a couple of times and get the same results, i have used the softmod uninstaller to get my xbox back to full retail working mode, If anyone got any ideas how i can get xbox live working id apprecaite it, the 2 games i have tried xbox live with are call of duty 1 and halo 2


to people with this problem i have resolved the issue myself, I didnt know you had to setup your network settings in unleash in order for them to work on msdash, what i did was set my network settings to use dhcp and not static under unleash, shutdown xbox, press the case open button to get into msdash retail, and booted halo 2 and it worked =)

i wonder if i would get the same results by changing my settings under evolution, if someone could test it out for me id appreciate it, im too scared to remove the softmod now that i got it working the way i want it to


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
 
 
 
 
nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak


Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 866
Location: Kansas City MO

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:30 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I'm glad you got it working, and how da hell does unleashX fixes this O_______o

anyways, another mistery solved, in the secret weirdness of SID 4.

rofl..

@INSOMANIAC: I have no clue at all, but i've never had disc read speed differences when modded or unmodded, not like i really checked, but it's possible that it's more specific on backups i belive.

_________________
Xbox v1.1
TSOP EvoxM8+ 1mb
Avalunch SAC skin
Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
2gunsup
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie


Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Posts: 6
Location: Paterson, NJ

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:46 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
nknave wrote:
I'm glad you got it working, and how da hell does unleashX fixes this O_______o

anyways, another mistery solved, in the secret weirdness of SID 4.

rofl..

@INSOMANIAC: I have no clue at all, but i've never had disc read speed differences when modded or unmodded, not like i really checked, but it's possible that it's more specific on backups i belive.


You would probaly no better than me but it seems to me the xbox first looks at unleash network settings b4 the msdash even if u bootup in retail mode, because live started to work for me only after i went into unleash and set it to dhcp, when i didnt have unleashs network working when i tried to access live through ingame all i got was the message that says needs to run troubleshooter, then it would download an xbox live update which would kill my msdash with a error 21 which i easily fixed with your SID 4.0

Good Job, Works flawlessly, I killed my other xbox wit aids 2.11 final when i tried to restore to retail with the disc, dumb me, well whatever, whoever wants a broken xbox for a good price holla at me


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
 
 
 
 
orto
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: xbox v1.4
Modded: SID 4

Joined: Dec 27, 2005
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:33 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Could you guys please help me out, Iīve tried sid4 using the splinter cell method and when I boot I either get a black screen or the error 21. I have another chipped xbox that I transferred the files to, ie everything that was under the udata folder in the linux_install.zip file and the sc-pal_boot.zip file to my microsoft memory card on the chipped xbox. I then copied the files from the memory card to the hard drive on the unmodded xbox. Turned off the xbox, placed Splinter Cell in the drive and loaded it up. I then went to start game, selected linux profile and choose checkpoint, then my screen turns black. Thatīs after I put the pal.zip file in the linux boot. Before I put the pal.zip in there I got the error 21 message. What am I doing wrong? Btw, I made sure that the dashboard was the correct version, I upgraded it using Splinter Cell 2. Do I need to have the xbox connected to my local network? Any ideas would be great as Iīve almost no hair left on my head due to frustration doing this Smile


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak


Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 866
Location: Kansas City MO

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:09 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
you only put either pal or ntsc, and after your done choosing your region, you must have both SID 4 Launcher gamesave, and Splinter Cell gamesave to avoid Error 21.
_________________
Xbox v1.1
TSOP EvoxM8+ 1mb
Avalunch SAC skin
Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
orto
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: xbox v1.4
Modded: SID 4

Joined: Dec 27, 2005
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:55 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Iīm sorry, I must not have made myself clear enough. What I meant is that I put some fix file called pal.zip inside the linux boot zip file, I just tried that after having tried everything else. What I placed on the xbox was the data inside sc-pal_boot and linux_install.zip. The folders on the memory card where 5553000c and 21585554, when I copy from the memory card to the hard disk on the retail xbox I copy both the splinter cell linux save and the knave linux installer to the xbox. Then I run splinter cell and try to run the linux save game. Thatīs when I either get a black screen or the 21 error. WTF am I doing wrong, Iīve tried a few different versions, tried downloading from several locations, the only thing that I can think of is that the memory card must not transfer the files correctly or somewhere along the way something gets screwed up. Iīve spent like 5-6 hours trying to get this 10 minute method working without luck. Iīm not sure whether my memory card is an original microsoft one as I got it with my used chipped xbox. Do you know if the original memory card has a microsoft marking/signature on it, mine has an image with big fonts and this text on it (8MB MEMORY CARD) and isnīt labelled from any manufacturer. The memory cards are really expensive here in Iceland so I wouldnīt purchase a new one unless absolutely sure thatīs the case, Iīd rather purchase a mod chip for this xbox. Please let me know what I should try next or should I just go for the chip.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak


Joined: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 866
Location: Kansas City MO

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:17 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
well, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but read over the isses 1 more time. but here are some more facts.

1.- you must cold boot game if you have another softmod installed, if another softmod is installed, it will not allow it load SID 4, and will result in black screen.

2.- most likely a pbl softmod will do this and the reason for reason 1.

3.- make sure no other gamesaves are in that game's category, so only splinter cell linux save, NO OTHER.

4.- as far as i know, all splinter cell versions should work, including the platinum hits, but i do suggest using the older versions.

5.- I don't know what else to think of, other than the fact that the memory card could be corrupt.

Also as for the pal.zip fix, make sure you put it inside \UDATA\21585554\000000000000\, in SID4.NK.Launcher.zip, before you either ftp or put in memory card.

_________________
Xbox v1.1
TSOP EvoxM8+ 1mb
Avalunch SAC skin
Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:43 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I'm thinking possibly the memory card too...


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
orto
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: xbox v1.4
Modded: SID 4

Joined: Dec 27, 2005
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:21 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
The machine isnīt softmodded and Iīve followed all the instructions I can find including putting the pal.zip in the correct place and no luck. Iīm also thinking that it must be the memory card. I guess I will be going for the modchip since it costs the same for me to order it as buying a new memory card and since I canīt be 100% sure that itīs the memory card Iīm afraid to spend the cash on it. There are no used shops here in Iceland and I donīt know any xbox owners that have a memory card. If I do go for the memory card, could you give me some options for memory cards that are known to work without problems. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
DJB
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: May 23, 2003
Posts: 4029
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:26 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
orto wrote:
The machine isnīt softmodded and Iīve followed all the instructions I can find including putting the pal.zip in the correct place and no luck. Iīm also thinking that it must be the memory card. I guess I will be going for the modchip since it costs the same for me to order it as buying a new memory card and since I canīt be 100% sure that itīs the memory card Iīm afraid to spend the cash on it. There are no used shops here in Iceland and I donīt know any xbox owners that have a memory card. If I do go for the memory card, could you give me some options for memory cards that are known to work without problems. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.


If you only got the memory card recently, take it back and say it's faulty.


View user's profile Send private message
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next |
 All times are GMT | Page 2 of 5
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (7) / Guests Online (942)
Members Browsing
drewboy, BoltFranchesca, forahobby, berleecrawford, LeoGarmon7, thesixmjs, scarface,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users