HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 2,207 | Guests: 299 | Members: 2 


   Current Location: Forums XBOX Softmodding FAQ   |   8BitDo wired controllers   |   New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Foxlink Model FTPS-0002 REV F power supply needed asap   |   My mission to open xbox-hq on Xbox classic. (Need help)   |   Xbox 720p Patches display in a tiny window   |   HDD Lock HELP!   |   Collection on steam   |   Kung Fu Chaos Sequel   |   I'm looking for a emulator and game roms.   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Xbox HDMI mod
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic    
 Xbox HDMI mod View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
aric1979
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie



Joined: Apr 07, 2019
Posts: 4

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am   
Post subject: Xbox HDMI mod
Reply with quote
 
I purchased one of the first rounds of the make mega Hurtz Xbox hdmi. I didnít understand at the time you need the open Xenium mod chip for the instructions they have online. I watched YouTube and started the install. I already removed the av connector and threw it away. What can I do to correct my mistake. I would just buy the mod chip but itís sold out everywhere due to chip shortages. Can I just use the soft mod I already have installed? I thought the mod chip was for people who didnít want a soft mod so I didnít get one. Thanks in advance for the advice.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
aric1979
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie



Joined: Apr 07, 2019
Posts: 4

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I think I just have to patch a bios. All of the instructions assume you have the mod chip. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I am in the wrong section just let me know. I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I need help.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
Dkoots
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 1013
Location: VA

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:54 am   
Post subject: Re: Xbox HDMI mod
Reply with quote
 
aric1979 wrote:
I purchased one of the first rounds of the make mega Hurtz Xbox hdmi. I didnít understand at the time you need the open Xenium mod chip for the instructions they have online. I watched YouTube and started the install. I already removed the av connector and threw it away. What can I do to correct my mistake. I would just buy the mod chip but itís sold out everywhere due to chip shortages. Can I just use the soft mod I already have installed? I thought the mod chip was for people who didnít want a soft mod so I didnít get one. Thanks in advance for the advice.


First of all, unless youíre very skilled with an iron I would not recommend you trying this install yourself. Second, yes you need the chip for this mod to work. It does not and will not ever work for soft mods. Iíll see if I can find anything for you, but you are right that itís pretty dried up right now in the chip market.

_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
Dkoots
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 1013
Location: VA

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:58 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
aric1979 wrote:
I think I just have to patch a bios. All of the instructions assume you have the mod chip. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I am in the wrong section just let me know. I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I need help.


Yes the bios is changed with the chip allowing the hdmi to work. You are in the right spot however the site has really slowed down. You can join the discord for more activity and quicker responses

https://discord.gg/ChQCPZAS

_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
aric1979
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie



Joined: Apr 07, 2019
Posts: 4

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:23 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Thank you for the help. The tutorials on YouTube said it was optional. I am very skilled with an iron and mod other systems at least monthly. I am just not the best with software. I wish I would have got a mod chip.


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
Dkoots
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 1013
Location: VA

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:16 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Well they are readily available in a few places. May as well go ahead and get the ball rolling if you havenít already.

Check eBay first. Then join discord and see if any of those guys have some available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OG-XBOX-OpenXenium-1-6-LPC-Rebuild-SmartXX-Xblast-X-Xecuter-Aladdin-XT-/402760183337?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5338631862&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Edit: you do need a compatible chip for your version of motherboard. Which version do you have?

_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
kaos_engr
V.I.P. Lifetime


Joined: Jun 04, 2012
Posts: 179

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:13 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
aric1979 wrote:
Thank you for the help. The tutorials on YouTube said it was optional. I am very skilled with an iron and mod other systems at least monthly. I am just not the best with software. I wish I would have got a mod chip.


I believe it is optional. Installation of a modchip to boot the patched BIOS fixes a 3 or 4 pixel right or left shift of the entire picture on your TV set.

IIRC, I read something about it in the issues at MakeMHz's github.com repository for the original XboxHDMI internal adapter.

Edit: Looks like it fixed more than that using a patched BIOS. Read the changelog in the Xbox Kernel Patches (Legacy - XboxHDMI) section found on this web page:

https://github.com/MakeMHz/xbox-hd-plus/tree/master/patches


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
aric1979
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: 1.0/1.1/1.4/1.6
Modded: X2/X3/XST/Xenium

Joined: Apr 07, 2019
Posts: 4

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Ok so the mod chip is a must have?


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
Dkoots
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 1013
Location: VA

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:32 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I don't think it is an absolute "must have" but you're not going to be doing yourself any favors trying to get this done without one. I'd just get a chip.
_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
marshsur
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: 1.0/1.1/1.4/1.6
Modded: X2/X3/XST/Xenium

Joined: May 16, 2022
Posts: 1

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:58 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
The tutorials on YouTube said it was optional. I am very skilled with an iron and mod other systems at least monthly. feedback survey breakfast hours

Last edited by marshsur on Thu May 19, 2022 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
biterr
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Xbox Version: Xbox classic
Modded:

Joined: Jun 23, 2021
Posts: 10

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 5:19 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Dkoots wrote:
aric1979 wrote:
I think I just have to patch a bios. All of the instructions assume you have the mod chip. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I am in the wrong section just let me know. I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I need help.


Yes the bios is changed with the chip allowing the hdmi to work. You are in the right spot however the site has really slowed down. You can join the discord for more activity and quicker responses

https://discord.gg/ChQCPZAS


Can you post new link to discord?


View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
 
 
 
Dkoots
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: Oct 13, 2007
Posts: 1013
Location: VA

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:36 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
https://discord.gg/hAGTmRnR
_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
|
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
 


Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate