Joined: Oct 23, 2005 Posts: 1 Location: great lakes area
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:18 pm Post subject: need help
i cannot for the life of me figure out how to ftp in to my xbox without internet connection.........can someone plz hepl me on this so i dont have to bug my friends to do it for me anmore
im using unleasx and flashfxp ty to all that helps with this problem
BiffX Xbox-HQ User
Xbox Version: xbox ver 1.0 0b Modded: unleash x
Joined: Jan 30, 2006 Posts: 16 Location: Computer
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:45 am Post subject:
Ok first of all you need a crossover cabel or a router. If ya got a crossover, plug one end into the xbox and the other into your computer. You'll see the ip adress of your xbox on the bottom right hand of the screen if all is well so far. Or the same thing if you have the box pluged into your router. Now go to your flashfxp prog. Go to sitemanager in your sites dropdown menu. creat a new site called "X-Box." Now u input your X-Boxes ipaddress where it says ip. Then you but xbox for user name and password should also be xbox. for port that should be 21. and no check in anonomys or however the heck ya spell it.Then go one tab over to options. there will be something saying use passave mode. There should be no chech mark in there. Click apply then you should be ready to go. Ya can click close on that or click connect. Happy copyn' man!!!!.
Let me know what happns. I'll be glad to help ya out more. _________________
Joined: May 22, 2003 Posts: 23865 Location: NSW, Australia
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 am Post subject:
Just give us more info.
Do you have a router or just a NETWORK CARD on your PC??
Let us know and i will provide whatever i can to help.
I will now explain the basics to networking your xbox and pc. I have left two ways. STATIC and DHCP ENABLED.. Either way it should help you all.
I hope you enjoy the site i have struggled to keep online and maintain with the help of all our other HQ admins.
HOW TO NETWORK A XBOX AND A PC:
XBOX -->> PC (Directly connect from xbox to PC).
- You need whats called a cross-over cable.. This cable is totally different to a normal router network patch lead (RJ45).
XBOX -->> HUB/ROUTER/SWITCH -- >> PC (connecting through a active device)
- You need to be using a normal RJ45 network patch lead.. This is NOT a CROSSOVER CABLE.
SETTING UP FTP WITH DHCP ENABLED ON ROUTER or PC:
1. Connect your pc and xbox using either option above
2. Now turn on your PC/ROUTER
3. Turn on your XBOX with all cables firmly connected and make sure you have your dashboard network settings (EVOX, XBMC etc etc) to STATIC = NO *only evox dash..
** You want to see if you have DHCP setup first. If your xbox doesnt get a ip address automatically then we need to setup a static ipaddress which will work on your NETWORK with the pc. SEE SETTING UP STATIC IP ADDRESS if you dont have DHCP enabled and need to setup a STATIC IP.
4. Check that you can see activity lights on both network cards.. The Xbox and your PC or ROUTER etc.
5. Once you have activity check to see if you have a IP ADDRESS in your dashboard settings anywhere.. Normally skins show on the main menu.. But you may have to change your skin to see it.
5. If you now have a ip address shown on your dashboard you can connect to it using any FTP program from your PC.. I suggest FLASHFXP, and any other freeware ftp applications..
XBOX FTP INFO IS:
CONNECTION NAME: MY XBOX
IP: MY IP ADDRESS (192.168.0.1) etc etc
thats it.. You can transfer files directly from your pc to xbox.. If you are still having difficulties please read on how to setup static ip.
SETTING UP STATIC IP ADDRESS:
1. Connect your pc and xbox using either option from above
2. Now turn on your PC/ROUTER
3. With WINXP do the following:
- Choose 'Start Menu' and then Click on 'RUN'
- Type 'cmd' or 'command' into the space provided and press enter (return)
- When the command prompt appears type 'ipconfig /all'
- Write down all your pc info
- If your PC has a IP ADDRESS of 192.168.0.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0 your xbox would be: 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.3 or any other ip address in the similar range.. It could even be 192.168.0.200 if you wanted.
- If your PC has a SUBNET MASK of 255.255.255.0 then your xbox should be exactly the same..
- Same goes for DNS Servers.. You have to copy down the pc info and put into your xbox.
anyway, so now you should have something like this on your network.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum