HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 9,856 | Guests: 1110 | Members: 1 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - a second hdd in original xbox
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Newbie Central
 a second hdd in original xbox View previous topic :: View next topic  

deucide
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 am   
Post subject: a second hdd in original xbox

just got an original xbox i picked up at a yard sale, always been a sony guy, no experience with xbox. i was wondering if it would be possible to replace the cd rom with a second hdd, and use a usb to xbox adapter to transfer disc images made on the pc to the hdd? im still waiting on the copy of splinter sell i opredered off ebay to get here so i can start the soft mod, so i havent done anything yet. one other question .... i havent been able to find anything on loader? are there any special loaders i need to install to load iso images from hdd like on wii and ps2? or does SID 5 include every thing i need to do this when i install it? reason i am asking this is cause all computers i have have no IDE hookups ... sata only. i tossed out the last system i had with IDE in it about a year ago. and every thing i have read, none of the programs for cloning and building xbox drives, and locking them will work with an ide to usb connection, it has to be ide primary master to work.

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 am   
Post subject:

To replace the DVD with HDD requires a modchip or TSOP flash, doesnt work with softmod. You can use Chimp on the XBOX to clone the HDD, no PC needed. ANd you dont use ISO's on XBOX, you use an app like CXBOX-Tools to extract the game ISO and then FTP the folder it makes to the XBOX.

deucide
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Xbox Version: V1.6b
Modded: Babylon3 GS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 am   
Post subject:

SPPV wrote:
To replace the DVD with HDD requires a modchip or TSOP flash, doesnt work with softmod. You can use Chimp on the XBOX to clone the HDD, no PC needed. ANd you dont use ISO's on XBOX, you use an app like CXBOX-Tools to extract the game ISO and then FTP the folder it makes to the XBOX.

ok, thnx one more quick question, i was getting every thing in order so i can do this when the game comes in. i copied the splinter cell save file and SID to the usb drive and put it in the xbox, when i go to memory it sees the 2 files, but they show up as un known, and whe i click on them they say corrupted files. im guessing this is probly the way the sid file would show up, but i wouldnt think the splinter cell file should show up this way as it is a game save. am i doing something wrong?

***edit***

one more question .... was looking at the tutorials for chimp. noticed there is one for versions up to 1.5 and one for 1.6 .... when trying to figure out what version box i have, i noticed the lable with the manufacturing info on the back has been removed, or somthing. its not there, so if i try out one method and its the wrong one will it hurt anything, or will it just not work, and i move on to the other method

Prehistoricman

Xbox Version: 1.6 crystal
Modded: Xecuter 3

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:08 am   
Post subject:

Unless the software is a BIOS, the wrong version won't screw anything up. Some chips come with a BIOS where you flash your one and only BIOS so if you get the wrong version there is no going back.

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 pm   
Post subject:

What version of SID are you using? Did you use FATX Formatter to format the USB? What version of Xplorer360 did you use and does it have the dll files?

dartht33bagger

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:33 pm   
Post subject:

You probably didn't get a good copy to your thumb drive, because the files shouldn't be corrupt. How are you copying the SID files over?

As for the chimp issue. This is the best guide I know of that tells you how to figure out what your Xbox version is: http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions_1.php. You just need to open up the Xbox so you can look at the motherboard, and then click on the picture that looks like your Xbox in each question. At the end it will tell you what version your Xbox is.

Although, if I remember correctly, Chimp will just show up as a black screen with green lines on it if you have a V1.6 Xbox. You could always just boot up Chimp and see what happens. If you can see the program fine, then you have a 1.0-1.5 Xbox. If you screen is messed up, then you need to use the 1.6 guide.

X_Splinter

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 pm   
Post subject:

Prehistoricman wrote:
Unless the software is a BIOS, the wrong version won't screw anything up. Some chips come with a BIOS where you flash your one and only BIOS so if you get the wrong version there is no going back.

Some chips have more than one slot, like in mine I can flash 16 different Bios

deucide
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm   
Post subject:

SPPV wrote:
What version of SID are you using? Did you use FATX Formatter to format the USB? What version of Xplorer360 did you use and does it have the dll files?

using sid 5.01 final and explorer360v6beta none of the other versions seem to see the usb drive. I used the xbox to format the usb, and i have tried to run them in xp compat mode as admin ... and no .dll files .... tried other downloads and none of them had dll files

Last edited by deucide on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

deucide
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 pm   
Post subject:

dartht33bagger wrote:
You probably didn't get a good copy to your thumb drive, because the files shouldn't be corrupt. How are you copying the SID files over?

using the insert comand in explorer360

***edit*** have tried formatting and re-injecting the files to the usb many time and still keep comming up corrupt. even tried to re-download incase download got corrupt.

deucide
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm   
Post subject:

ok, i solved the problem of the corrupt files .. i was copying the main folder the splinter cell game save was in, i didnt realize you had to go a couple directories deep to get the proper folder to copy to the usb stick. i took an existing game save and copied it from xbox to usb tosee the structure of it and realized i needed the folder with a name like 5553000c. wanted to thank every one for the advice

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:36 pm   
Post subject:

This is the proper Xplorer360 to use. Im amazed it even picked up your USB without the dll files.

XPlorer360.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  XPlorer360.zip
 Filesize:  595.27 KB
 Downloaded:  1071 Time(s)

Reply to topic  
|