HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 7,475 | Guests: 722 | Members: 3 

Current Location: Forums Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Workgroup not found
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox General Discussions
 Workgroup not found View previous topic :: View next topic  

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 am   
Post subject: Workgroup not found

Hello, modded xbox's rule!

I have been tearing my hair out with a network issue. Two days ago i was able to workgroup (smb) network with my pc but now i keep getting the 'workgroup not found' message. i have not changed anything but mysteriously my pc can no longer be 'seen' by my xbox.

any ideas? i tried a system restore but i cant roll back to a previous restore point for some reason. i keep getting the 'unable to restore' message every time.

thanks a lot.

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 am   
Post subject:

Welcome to the XBOX-HQ, we hope you enjoy this and all the other HQ sites we have to offer. Very Happy

If your running it DHCP you might need to make sure the IP of your PC or xbox didn't change.

Or that you did not change any of your router settings.

Give me the run down of your full set up and i will look it over for you. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:05 am   
Post subject:

im not sure what modchip my xbox has as i bought the complete kit off a friend. but network wise, i have a dlink modem running to a 4 port linksys router which then connect my pc from one port and my xbox from another port.

the network is wired (as apposed to wireless).

the strangest thing is that on saturday afternoon, everything was sweet, but then monday night, things were not sweet. and network wise, i didnt change or modify anything!

robzzombie

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am   
Post subject:

Try turning off your firewall on your computer and maybe on ur router too if u have one on there

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

ren3gade
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Xbox Version: xbox v1.0
Modded: MA- Krayzies 1.1 w/ Aid 4

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:25 pm   
Post subject:

This happens to me now and again. I dont know what causes it I can give you some ideas on what I do. 1st I think my primary PC blocks it so I reboot that system. Usually when its booting back up I reboot xbox and it will see the network. 2nd when your xbox does see the network ADD drives or folder. I use XBMC and goto ADD SOURCE and map the drive to the folder/drive that you are sharing with Xbox. That will add it to list when you are looking through video/music. This does seem to be a work around most of time when I cant see network. But rebooting my PC seems to fix it 90% of time.
Hope this helps some.

PS im using dhcp auto assign and I feel thats where some of my issues come from since I have 3 pc, 1 xb, 1 wii, and 2 laptops on network. From my reading I think it might be a IP conflict but just havnt messed with settin each to a static IP.

scarface_ak4t7
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 pm   
Post subject:

it could be an ip conflict but u only have 2 clients connected to the router. Try creating another network or making sure the approtipate network services are turned on.

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am   
Post subject:

thanks ren3gade, i tried that but no good. i am reluctant to mess with firwalls, routers etc as nothing has changed since the time when it was working.

what is even more baffling is that when i connect my xbox to the wireless router, it recognises my laptop no probs, but just doesnt see my pc.

is it typical for mal-ware/virus's to fvck with networks?

ren3gade
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 am   
Post subject:

You said it sees the network at times... Is that when few devices on network? I know mine has done it in teh middle of a movie. But usually rebooting the main pc gets it back online. Thats why I feel mine is ip conflict. If you use DHCP it assigns a IP each time a device connects to network and they may or may not be same as last time. So if your XBOX tries one thats already used atm it wont connect.

One thing thats wierd for me is my XBOX can see internet ( i have news feeds) but dont see network drives when its acting up. I better stop complaining cause mines been fine for weeks. FIGNERS CROSSED

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:30 am   
Post subject:

its such a p!ss off!

yes, the bizare thing is that when i connect a port from the wireless router to the xbox it networks with my lap top fine.

but when i connect it to the router my pc uses, no success.

i have tried connecting the xbox and my pc to the wireless router but this too yields no result.

im about two days off a reformat!

no pressure.

robzzombie

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am   
Post subject:

Lol have u tried to set things to a manual IP and do it statically?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:59 am   
Post subject:

why dont one of you guys just head over and fix it?

just kidding. i havent really tried anything apart from resetting modems/routers and rebooting xbox's and computers. And shuffling cables.

it just seemed like everything was sweet, then somewhere between 24 and 48 hours, things had gotten less sweet. and nothing had changed hardware wise.

the only thing i did out of the blue was a symmentec full system scan when i went out (to see Tropic Thunder - it's sh!t house).

scarface_ak4t7
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 am   
Post subject:

a full system scan wouldnt mess up a network. Try setting ur xbox and computers to static ip's.

ren3gade
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm   
Post subject:

Sounds like a IP conflict as stated before. You have a router and a modem. You said it works when you connect Xbpx to modem directly but going through router with PC it dont. Does it work through router W/O PC connected?
Does it not work with Router at all?
When I connect to network my xbox settings are the ROUTER IP for network. Pay attention what IP xbox is using. You can see it in network setting IF using xbmc.
What dash you using that could help us to tell you where to look for settings.

knightysmith
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 pm   
Post subject:

im not sure what dash im using. it may even just be xbmx without a dash. but i have found that my xbox's IP has changed. will setting static IP's fix the prob?

ren3gade
Xbox-HQ Elite Member
Xbox-HQ Elite Member

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 pm   
Post subject:

Xbmc is a dash.. Avalanch and Evox are dash's also. I think it may be what seeting your Xbox is looking to to gain access to the network drives.

Reply to topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next |