HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 8,108 | Guests: 1079 | Members: 3 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - One freezing v1.6b mobo and one other v1.6b no display...
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox General Discussions
 One freezing v1.6b mobo and one other v1.6b no display... View previous topic :: View next topic  

vibers
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:12 pm   
Post subject: One freezing v1.6b mobo and one other v1.6b no display...

Im not sure where to post this topic, but... I have a couple of v1.6b mobo not working.
The first one don't display any picture.. It does'nt frag or anything, but the screen displays a black screen for a couple of seconds, then its just snow again, and the powerbutton is green as it should..
But if i start it with the chip(Xenium ICE) installed the chip OS boots, only to be displayd in composite, RGB mode is still black.
If i try to connect a controller, the screen goes black and displays the text: os(i believe its os it says, because i cant see all of the screen) kernal panic! Exeption C0000005 (0) Generated at 80100391 (00B10391)

the second mobo freezes after just a couple of seconds. both in original(with the chip removed) and chipped mode.
This can happens sometimes before the flubber, an sometimes it can be, maybe as much as a minute before it freezes.

Non of the problems is connected to either the chips or to casing, since i've tried with different tested, and working chips and xbox casings.

Anyone who knows what the problem might be? Can one mobo be saved with parts from the other mobo?
Since this is way beyond my knowledge of the xbox, i'll be greatly thankful for any input you might have:)

Shark2th

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:21 pm   
Post subject:

Box one might be set to Pal or NTSC, either way, might be set to the wrong region for you. Try using Enigmah Video Switcher and see what happens. Can't get worse.

Box two.. still thinking on that one.

vibers
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:16 pm   
Post subject:

Hmm... The problem is that i cant see anything.. If i disconnect the chip, i cant get anything on the display.. Not in RGB or in composite mode, and the tv support both pal and ntsc.
The only time i get anything displayd, is if i install a chip with it's own os, and as soon as i connect a controller, the screen just go black...
Does the Enigmah Video Switcher run automaticly or does it have to be started with an controller?
When i get a new x3 shipment i thought i might try to flash the bios via ftp.. i dont believe that i will acomplish anything, but it doesnt hurt to try:)

Shark2th

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:47 pm   
Post subject:

I need an Enigmah expert to tell us if we have to select anything, for I've only ever played with it once and it's been quite some time ago.
The other issue now that I think about it on box 1 is the kernal panic.
Does that happen for ANY controller or do you only have one to test with?
Does it happen with ALL 4 slots or have we tried only the first?
Is the mod chip in it mounted or soldered? Could something have happened to the traces inside or could the mount have been jarred somehow?

Rabid1
V.I.P. Lifetime

Xbox Version: !.6, 1.4
Modded: Xenium

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:54 pm   
Post subject:

I think once it boots it is A for NTSC ans B for PAL, but it's been awhile since I used it. A quick internet search can verify

Shark2th

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:57 pm   
Post subject:

You are correct Rabid.
I've been bouncing around the forums like a bunny with it's tail on fire.
We have Enigma for download here and the descriptor states:
Press A to select PAL and Press B to select NTSC, press X and Y for a few extras Smile It works best on DVDR but will boot on CDRW just as well.

doughnutsmall.jpg
 Description:
Since I'm not sure... here's a bunny with a donut on it's head.
 Filesize:  7.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

doughnutsmall.jpg

vibers
V.I.P. Lifetime

Xbox Version: !.6, 1.4
Modded: Xenium

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:59 am   
Post subject:

Yes, it happens on any of the controller ports, and any controller.. It have tried to connect different ports and powersupply even... Same result every time, so i am a little frustrated at the moment... Confused

Reply to topic  
|