HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 14,676 | Guests: 9010 | Members: 2 

Current Location: Forums New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   Best place for XBox ROMS?   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Help..just got X-box working and can't play Neo geo games
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox Emulator Discussions
 Help..just got X-box working and can't play Neo geo games View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pson
Xbox-Hq Genius

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:35 am   
Post subject: Help..just got X-box working and can't play Neo geo games

Wow that is all I can say..I have all this stuff and no idea how to use it.......So How do I setup to play Neo Geo games. I have the roms...can maybe FTP them (have to read) and have the AID disc for the Emu...so the installer I talked with said I had all pc roms and it wouldn't work....but another member here said it doesn't matter? So I read where I needed to change the .zip...but file neogeo.zip what the @#$ is that??
I know hey read but wow this stuff is hard and I have a ton of games I don't want on there and a ton of games I do want and can't get..lol.

Any help would be great thanks for looking

Pson
Xbox-Hq Genius

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:53 pm   
Post subject:

Ok what emu do I need to run these roms...I have aid and there is no kawa emu on it?? Also I need to get a big folder and then zip it together for the ftp What am I mising

scarecrow540
Xbox-HQ Enthusiast
Xbox-HQ Enthusiast

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:58 pm   
Post subject: just

all u have to do in install neogenesis emulator with aid disc and ftp the sega roms to the rom folder in ur neogensis folder. Just make sure they are in zip format.

Pson
Xbox-Hq Genius

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:19 pm   
Post subject: Re: just

scarecrow540 wrote:
all u have to do in install neogenesis emulator with aid disc and ftp the sega roms to the rom folder in ur neogensis folder. Just make sure they are in zip format.

Ok so the neogenesis will play the neo geo roms..bucause I couldn't find that kawa emu on the write ups. Now this is a werid question but I have about 20 roms...my apple breaks them down by pages..do I zip each page or throw all the roms I have in a folder and try to zip that??? and then just ftp them to the neogensis folder.

So the real question is how do I zip them...per page in each rom or collect all the roms into one folder and zip that??
Thanks for the help too...I have been looking all night on how to try this

nknave
Xbox-HQ Freak

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:10 pm   
Post subject:

NeoGenesis will only play SEGA Genesis ROMS, and some other SEGA ROMS like 32X, SEGA CD, and who knows what else.

just cause it has the NEO there, it doesn't mean NeoGeo.

to play neo geo, use MAMEX, MAMEDOX, FBA, FBAXXX, FBAXXX PRO, Kawaks 1.1

Please don't ask where to get the roms, as you know this is not allowed, but to get the emulators.........AID, FTP, VIP Downloads, xbins......etc...

EDIT: Roms come zipped mostly, but for NeoGenesis, just unzipped them to have them something like.

Sonic.bin
Sonic2.bin
Sonic3.bin

Not zipped, on the other hand, NEO GEO must be zipped, and you must have the neogeo.zip bios in there too.

Hitachi LG DVD-ROM
300 GiG Maxtor HDD

Knave Softmod Installer 6.6.6 | Hardmod vs. Softmod Answers

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Pson
Xbox-Hq Genius

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:23 pm   
Post subject:

Ok I do have all the things above so I don't need to ever think about breaking the rules but I just want to make sure as the steps below are right.
1. Put all the neo geo roms in a folder.
2. zip that folder to neogeo.zip
3. put a neogeo.bios with the zip (Now here is the part I need help with, what is the neogeo.bios?, place it in the folder with the other zip files?)
4. burn it on a cd-rw or ftp (only way I can no DVD burner)
5. Go to the MAMEX, MAMEDOX, FBA, FBAXXX, FBAXXX PRO. Which I have fbaxxx, and namexox (which I got from AID 3) so which emu is best to run the roms in???
6. How do I get the roms and bio from the cd to the emu files part????
( like nes for fcu)

Thank you for helping again and hope I am not to dumb to helpout...lol.

Reply to topic  
|