HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 13,630 | Guests: 7848 | Members: 1 

Current Location: Forums New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   Best place for XBox ROMS?   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - How do i update the dashboard??
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> UnleashX Discussions
 How do i update the dashboard?? View previous topic :: View next topic  

Predtech

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:58 pm   
Post subject:

No, i use a modchip, but just look back at the posts. Forahobby told us not to do it with a softmod. He knows what he's talking about, and i've been severly educated since those days also. Trust us, DON'T DO IT buddy. You'll be sorry.

Predtech

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:15 pm   
Post subject:

so i am haveing the same problem on a box modded with sid 4 knave editiion and i can connect to internet using linksbooks i can connect to live and i can flashfxp BUT I CANNOT UPDATE DASH EITHER i get same error as he is ..
my settings static ip router cat5 ux so idk eiterh.. no modchip... look @ my signiture.

S E Blue Halo 2 Crystal Xbox
XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Predtech

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:27 pm   
Post subject:

gus738 wrote:
so i am haveing the same problem on a box modded with sid 4 knave editiion and i can connect to internet using linksbooks i can connect to live and i can flashfxp BUT I CANNOT UPDATE DASH EITHER i get same error as he is ..
my settings static ip router cat5 ux so idk eiterh.. no modchip... look @ my signiture.

Ok, i don't mean to sound condescending here or nothing, but i wish people would READ the complete posts before posting. let me make this simple...... IF YOU HAVE A SOFTMODDED XBOX, YOU CANNOT DO A DASHBOARD UPDATE ONLINE. ANY UPDATES YOU WANT TO DO, YOU HAVE TO DO A MANUAL INSTALL OF A DASHBOARD FROM A DVD/CD-RW.

Again, i don't mean to sound condescending but people shoule just look at the entire post before asking questions. How else can you learn?

Predtech

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:30 pm   
Post subject:

so only way of updatin my dash is by ftp or disc?? srry i just dont see it where it says clearly live update only works with modchips.. but thx for the heads up ...

and how can i know if have the latest dash ver???

XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

BiffX
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Xbox Version: XBOX V1.4
Modded: SID 4

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:06 am   
Post subject:

Hello all. As i recall, the update part of the dash works and can be used safely in UnleashX. It does not connect to any official x box stuff so don't worry. With me I had to set a static ip and set a subnet mask and all the dns stuff and gateway, got it all rite but still din work. I think its trying to get the updates from UnleashX.com or something and it don't exist any more as i have no problem with any other thing on my box (including net programs) except for this. So i suggest going to #xbins with mirc, fe.net and use that resource to get the update. Hope this helps. Twisted Evil

Frag this!

Predtech

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:05 pm   
Post subject:

BiffX wrote:
Hello all. As i recall, the update part of the dash works and can be used safely in UnleashX. It does not connect to any official x box stuff so don't worry. With me I had to set a static ip and set a subnet mask and all the dns stuff and gateway, got it all rite but still din work. I think its trying to get the updates from UnleashX.com or something and it don't exist any more as i have no problem with any other thing on my box (including net programs) except for this. So i suggest going to #xbins with mirc, fe.net and use that resource to get the update. Hope this helps. Twisted Evil

Ok, again i'm not trying to be rude or anything but i do WISH that people would READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE PUTTING THEIR 2 CENTS IN!!!! This issue is regarding doing an auto update with a softmodded box. It IS possible with a modchip installed, but NOT possible with a softmod.

I hate to sound like a jerk but i keep telling people in this very thread that same thing and nobody ever cares to read the damn thread befroe saying something and being wrong.

Pred

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:17 pm   
Post subject:

the reason why ppl do this ... its cuz IT DOESNT SAY ON PAGE 1 as part of the thread . .... it doesnt describe that u need a chip....

XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

Predtech

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:22 pm   
Post subject:

gus738 wrote:
the reason why ppl do this ... its cuz IT DOESNT SAY ON PAGE 1 as part of the thread . .... it doesnt describe that u need a chip....

That, my friend, is why i say to read the entire thread before posting and asking the same question again and again. I mean is it that much trouble to read pages 2 and 3 also?????????

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:24 pm   
Post subject:

i dont see page 3 ... r u sure ur on the right thread or are we reading the wrong 1??? plz link or plz check again...

am i not agaisnt u i really wanna to be as less pain as possible but i dont see taht info....

XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

Predtech

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:53 pm   
Post subject:

forahobby wrote:
so are you sharing internet to your xbox via a pc or router??
You need to give your xbox IP and DNS settings in the same range as your pc/router..

thats about it.. Once your xbox has internet access it can download the updates itself from the net.

btw.. Its not a good idea to use AUTOUPDATE if you have a softmod.. Modchip is always fine coz you can recover from any errors the script may give.

anyway, hope that helps

l8r

FH
http://www.xbox-hq.com

There you go. As quoted by the owner and author of this glorious website, ON PAGE 1. And as far as the pages go, i haven't actually read this post in a long time so i forgot how many pages there were in it, lol. But it's as i said buddy. All the info is there, if people only read it, they'll see the info they need.

Pred

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 pm   
Post subject:

ohhh i c Surprised but FH said cuz mod chips r easy cuz of scripts errors or somtin... n e ways u conviced me .. laterz

XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

Predtech

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:01 pm   
Post subject:

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk but i just find that people don't read these threads fully and just keep asking teh same questions over and over. Sorry if i sounded condescending buddy. i'm just a little stressed in work today (as always, lol).

Keep up the good work and keep modding bro.

Predtech

gus738
Xbox-HQ Newbie
Xbox-HQ Newbie

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:03 pm   
Post subject:

4 sure....

laterz Razz

XBOX V1.4
Phillips DVD-ROM
UnleashX
200GB HD MAXTOR

| |

BiffX
Xbox-HQ User
Xbox-HQ User

Xbox Version: XBOX V1.4
Modded: SID 4

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:58 pm   
Post subject:

Now I don't meen to be an ass Predtech, But I have a friend that has been a long time fan of UnleashX and has stayed true to it from the very first day it came out. And b 4 unleashX.com went down he was abel to get the updates for his softmoded X-Box for UnleashX. Unless he was lying to me. And dude, lay off the coffee. Razz . I did read the entire post. Not a noob. Just to this site. Have a good day man.

Frag this!

hellblazer55
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:06 pm   
Post subject:

Heres the latest on http://www.unleashx.com/ no more autoupdates because there is no more site, its a sales site now.

Reply to topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next |