HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 10,832 | Guests: 992 | Members: 1 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Help please.......
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Newbie Central
 Help please....... View previous topic :: View next topic  

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Xbox Version: V1.6
Modded: Xecuter3CE

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:14 am   
Post subject: Help please.......

I am on my second xbox since I purchased my X3ce. This is a v1.6. I am confident in my soldering job ( as it was my 3rd time to try it). M$ dash loads up when power is pressed on. Doesnt matter how long you hold it in either. Any idea as to what I need to do to get the chip working properly. I had a softmod on my old system and was just wanting it to work as well as it did. Please help. I have no idea what's wrong or what to do. Hair's turning gray trying to figure this out.

Shark2th

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:18 am   
Post subject:

M$ dash only? Did you load any other dash on "C" drive? If M$ is the only one on "C" then that's what it's going to boot.. depending on bios that is.

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:23 am   
Post subject:

I haven't loaded anything.The X3 logo where the switches are is red. I had read that if the chip is enabled then it would be blue, and it would load on a blue bios page. Is this true, or do I have to flash the bios in order for the chip to be enabled? This my first attempt at modding anything, so I'm a total nube at this.I don't know anything about it, other than what I've read. What is supposed to happen after a chip install, or what should I expect to see if it is correct?
Logitech Wireless Controller

funkydopeloven
Xbox-Hq Genius

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:07 am   
Post subject:

you need to flash a bios to the chip. no idea how to do it on your chip

TheModGod
Xbox-Hq Legendary

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:20 am   
Post subject:

Actually, if the X3 logo is red that means your chip isn't booting up. It's disabled.

I know you said it doesn't matter how long you hold it in...but that is the only way to disable/enable the chip.

If you press it super quick, just a real quick tap then the chip should enable. Your X3 should be blue.

If you press it in for a long second, then the X3 logo is red and chip is disabled.

What happens if you press both the power and eject button in at the same time and hold them in for about three or four seconds. Does the logo remain red and you get MS dash?

Would be curious to know if it boots to the backup/safemode

You won't be able to flash that chip until that logo is blue and your screen on the tv is the blue Flash Bios Screen. When you installed the chip, I am assuming that you did the LPC rebuild and have the 5v wire soldered properly? Sorry for asking, just had to be sure.

TheModGod
---------------------
http://www.themodgod.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:58 am   
Post subject:

I did the LPC rebuild and installed the 5v wire also. I have tried a quick press, a long press, and both buttons and get same result each time. I can't seem to figure out how this mod went wrong. I'm probably gonna have my electronics dept look at it Monday and double check my solder joints. I completely redone it again last night just to double check myself, and got the same result as before. Any ideas????? I'm clueless over here.

TheModGod
Xbox-Hq Legendary

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:47 pm   
Post subject:

The only thing I would check is the actual D0 wire to make sure it's soldered properly to the rebuild board, and that the LPC rebuild is soldered properly to the D0 hole on the underside of the board.

Some boards have a lot more lacquer than others and the D0 (which on the 1.6 is actually called an LFRAME hole) tends to be covered not exposing anything for the rebuild board to actually solder onto. You would then have to shave off some of the lacquer until the copper is exposed and then get some solder onto that.

If the LFRAME connection isn't made proplerly, the board will not know that the chip is even on the board and your Xbox will just boot up normally.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:33 pm   
Post subject:

Thanks for the help. I should be trying it in about 2 hours. I'll let you know what happens. Again, thanks alot for the help.

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:38 pm   
Post subject:

Ok I think I found what was wrong. That pesky d0 joint on the LPC. But now we have a new problem. The X3 led is now blue, the power botton is orange, but no screen at all loads. I mean absolutely nothing. With a long press M$ dash still loads up normally, but with a short press nothing loads at all.What do I do now??

shortacid
V.I.P. Lifetime

Xbox Version: 2x V1.6
Modded: X3CE |.3108 + .3294 |

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:41 pm   
Post subject:

You have to set the bios bank switches

If you have a 1.6a (samsung ram) then set the switches to (1 2 3 4 FP) on on off off off

If you have a 1.6b (hynix ram) then set the switches to off on off off off.

Now, Before flashing, switch the banks back to on on off off off!!!!! before you flash!

B/c if you don't you will have a useless chip you will have to send back to get reflashed (no programmers). 3.03 (on banks 5678) is the only Flashbios that works with the 1.6b. And its the only one on the chip. 3.01 has a backup.

Then use the on screen instructions.

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:48 pm   
Post subject:

OMG, it works. My version is a v1.6a(samsung) I set them to on, on, off, off, off this is what it needs to be on when I flash?? You said before I flash switch it back to on, on, off, off, off which is what I have them on now. Sorry I get kinda confused with all this. Thanks for all your help dude. You've been a life saver.

TufEnuf
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:11 am   
Post subject: Controller not working.

Well, I found the bios (3294) 1st question is are these the right ones? 2nd question is how do I get the controller to work. I've tried using a standard xbox controller and a logitech and neither work. Both work fine when chip is disabled. Any ideas??? I sure wanna get this thing goin tonite.

shortacid
V.I.P. Lifetime

Xbox Version: 2x V1.6
Modded: X3CE |.3108 + .3294 |

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:10 pm   
Post subject:

TufEnuf wrote:
OMG, it works. My version is a v1.6a(samsung) I set them to on, on, off, off, off this is what it needs to be on when I flash?? You said before I flash switch it back to on, on, off, off, off which is what I have them on now. Sorry I get kinda confused with all this. Thanks for all your help dude. You've been a life saver.

All those motions were if you have a 1.6b (there is backup of flashbios of 3.01 on the back up rom [power first then quickly press eject, the 1.6's i have both act up and hang if you press both at the SAME time, so do it one right after the other)

Then use an older controller and make sure its a 1.6 bios not the other one for all versions.

Reply to topic  
|