HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 8,970 | Guests: 1043 | Members: 1 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - HELP: Error 13 encountered
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Newbie Central
 HELP: Error 13 encountered View previous topic :: View next topic  

halofan102

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 pm   
Post subject: HELP: Error 13 encountered

Dang, I got error 13 when I booted up my xbox just now,

Tried popping in SPPV's XBMC installer, closing the disk drive, then rebooting. Still got error 13.

Tried unplugging ethernet connection between router and xbox, as well as composite cables and power supply. Then plugging them all back in. Still got error 13.

Tried popping in Halo 2. The game did start so I tried connecting to live without the ethernet cable plugged in. The xbox would try to go to the dash, but coudn't and rebooted to Halo 2 instead.

Tried going the same thing with the ethernet cable plugged in, xbox rebooted then the xbox just went straight to game and not the dash.

What can I do?

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 pm   
Post subject:

Pop in Splinter Cell and once you get to the softmod installer use its filemanager to replace the C drive contents with the MS Backup. Now softmod it like before.

If you have Shadow C installed you will need to disable it before proceeding with the above instructions

halofan102

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:17 pm   
Post subject:

So from what I read elsewhere it's some sort of dashboard error. Was the xbox stuck in trying to find one of the .xbe dash files?

When you say 'replace the C drive contents with the M$ backup' do I hit, M$ backup, move the backup to E drive. Then move all those contents to the C drive?

Much thanks for the quick reply

EDIT: I checked the contents of my C drive in the exploit SID's file manager. It shows no files, so shadow C appears to be enabled.

Just hit 'remove softmod' at the main menu of SID then proceed?

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:32 am   
Post subject:

I stated above what you need to do, follow that and the XBOX will be fixed.

halofan102

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:38 pm   
Post subject:

Ok I hit 'remove softmod', it restored my C drive so that I may see it's contents.

Shut down the xbox and turned it on. Got Error 21.

Popped splinter cell back in with mem card.

Went back to SID menu, tried to going to backups and doing an M$ backup. The process failed saying it detected a softmod, then said something about 'rename'

When I tried copying over an M$ backup made last week with XMBC installer 3.2.2 (after softmodding) and put the folder on C drive, deleted all the other C drive files, put the M$ backup folder's contents on C drive, deleted the folder called 'M$ backup' and restarted the box I still had Error 21.

If the xbox won't let me do an M$ backup, will I just have to select installing unleashX as a dash using SID? Then hopefully I can pop XBMC installer back in?

Amiga1200
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:53 pm   
Post subject:

^^ "batch process failed, action RENAME"...
if you tried to create a backup of C:/ volume AFTER it was modded (an M$ backup) that's the error response you'll get from SID installer!
does C:/ volume still have it's shadow.c file? if so that's why....
any changes to the C:/ volume VS. the original backup and you'll be faced with that error!
if you've fucked the C:/ volume "dash.xbe" chances are a FULL computer style RESTORE of C:/ volume is required if you're unable to revert PROPERLY the C:/ volume!
my second xbox mod attempt forced me to go about the xbhdm route because i pissed around with things i shouldn't have!
you know what they say..."curiosity WASTED the cat"...
i've also NOT messed with shadow.c so...hmm?
if you're unable to restore the C:/ volume by a repeat of the xbox softmod exploit method (because of a fucked dash.xbe on C:/) then a computer rebuild of the C:/ volume maybe your only option at this point?
HOWEVER, if you've got HALO 2 (or any other RETAIL game that has a da$h update embedded) you can restore the C:/ da$h back to factory defaults/M$5660 (luckily, only had to do this ONE time in my life) then repeat the softmod process from scratch!
..................................i
i'll bug out on this...dunno what more i can offer besides what SPPV already said here!

SPPV
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:02 pm   
Post subject:

You need to disable the Shadow C, and you should already have a MS backup on your E drive which you will need to use like I said above. As long as Shadow C is enabled everything you do is moot. Any files would be going on the fake C drive.

Obviously you partialy messed the softmod or else XBMC Installer would cold boot. You can always hope that P4 will work cause you can always rebuild the HDD using AutoBuilder.

Other thing you can try is use the filemanager to open the XBMC folder and click on default.xbe. If it runs you can FTP in, open R and delete everything, and replace it with the Pimped C files you get from running AutoBuilder and picking Shadow C. Then go into the E drive and delete evoxdash.xbe, Items.xml and config.xml (if they are there) then copy over those files from the Pimped E folder. Power off the XBOX, then turn it back on

halofan102

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm   
Post subject:

Well I'm heading over to the tower guy's house today. He says if that don't work, he's got a retired friend with an old AMD tower sitting around that he could just giveaway to me.

Guess I'll have to go the way of fixing the HDD using autobuilder once I get a working tower.

I didn't have XBMC on the HDD, just unleashx. I could use the file manager to try and FTP all those XBMC files in, but I don't know if that's easier than using autobuilder with a tower to restore the OEM HDD

Amiga1200
V.I.P. Lifetime

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 pm   
Post subject:

^^ if you can get to UNLX filehandler no problem, DAMN STRAIGHT it's easier to FTP to recovery than it is to rip out the hdd and rebuild it in a computer!
go with the above (SPPV's advice) and you'll not go wrong!
(and good luck to getting an xbhdm/hdd lockable/compatible computer)
up to you! Cool

TheRealHypnotiX

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:00 am   
Post subject:

Indeed, no one said to create a back up but to restore FROM a back up. There should be an option for the shadow C to be disabled on the SID UI. After you do that, then RESTORE C not Backup!! IF not, then yeah, just format the sucker with a PC and reinstall the C drive contents to it lol.

Best of luck man!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Reply to topic  
|