HQ NETWORK:   XBOX ONE |  XBOX 360 |  AIDELUXE HQ Network: 8,714 | Guests: 1391 | Members: 0 

Current Location: Forums New Game - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque   |   Old Xbox boot but wont load games or MS Dashboard   |   New google drive   |   Which modchip is this?   |   Anyone here capable or interested in restarting XBConnect?   |   Error code 05   |   original xbox with 0 memory   |   Why cell damage is low with ratings   |   Xbox-Hq.Com VIP Member Testimonials   |   XBHD: A Full-Featured Original Xbox Adapter from EON Gaming,   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - NEWBIE SOFTMOD Question????
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox SoftMod Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
 NEWBIE SOFTMOD Question???? View previous topic :: View next topic  

23r0c001
Xbox-HQ Experienced
Xbox-HQ Experienced

Xbox Version: 2x v1.6
Modded: Hotswapped Softmod

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:03 pm   
Post subject:

His router don't work so he'll need a crossover, and the ends are indifferent. Just make sure you set up your static ip.

This tutorial should help:
http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-203.html

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:48 pm   
Post subject:

tury70 wrote:
Hello again !!!Well this is how im a run my xbox.I m a use a usb to network adaptor because my router took a crap!! Now,do i need a cross over cable to do this?if i do,which end goes where?im a use flashfxp.Any other suggestions?Thanks!

Yeah but his usb network works and if it gets a dhcp for his PC he can bridge the ethernet and usb and set the usb as default gateway on the xbox and that will give it a DHCP ip. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

J_Smoke
Xbox-HQ Freak

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:52 pm   
Post subject:

lol. where do you find all this out wes. I'm still amazed at how you know the answer to almost every problem I've ever seen in here. In the words of Wayne and Garth "we're not worthy, we're not worthy" Laughing

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:09 pm   
Post subject:

I been running PCs since my first one and that thing was a TI and it took 3 hours of typeing in codes just to make 4 dots move around on the screen. Rolling Eyes
Damn that ting was lame. Laughing

As for that bridgeing thing if you do it that way you get online with the PC and xbox at the same time.

I helped REB set his up the same way on the phone a few weeks ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

J_Smoke
Xbox-HQ Freak

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 pm   
Post subject:

Haha that is one old PC man. My first PC had MS-DOS 1.0 on it. Can you bridge the connection usin dial-up?? I know I can have it set up to share my connection on a network but I'm not sure how to get it to share it to my Xbox. I know it would be slow as hell but at least I could get on to check messages where ever I was in my house(I have an Xbox in almost every room Very Happy )

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm   
Post subject:

Go in to network connections and see if your dialup connection is listed then just high light that and your eternet connection and bridge it to see if it will work, neve had to do it with dial up. Laughing

J_Smoke
Xbox-HQ Freak

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 pm   
Post subject:

K thanls man I'll give that a try a lil later.

tury70
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Xbox Version: 1.0
Modded: X-3 chip & 4 500GB HD's

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 pm   
Post subject:

can you show me the stepsm to get a DHCP?Well actually how to connect my xbox to my pc.Like i said before,i have a usb network adapter any my network card thats already have use it for internet and what kind of network cable i neeed,stright or cross over?Thanks!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:12 am   
Post subject:

Jus go to network settings on your xbox and set it to DHCP then on you pc go to network connections and right click on your networkcard and set the TCP/IP to DHCP, Then in your network connections highlite the usb adapter and the network card and select bridge and you should get a dhcp on your xbox. Wink

23r0c001
Xbox-HQ Experienced
Xbox-HQ Experienced

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:59 am   
Post subject:

Are you sure? XP doesn't have any form of built-in DHCP server... How the heck will it get an IP, if his router is screwed and won't give him one? There must be something i'm not seeing here...

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:31 am   
Post subject:

He said he has a usb network adapter and that wold hook to a modem that will give a dhcp ip.
Then hook the xbox to the PC built in ethernet and bridge the ethernet and the usb network and the xbox and pc both pull an ip from the modem.

tury70
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:10 pm   
Post subject:

oK IM
CONFUSE.i HAVE A BUILT IN NETWORK CARD THAT I USE TO GET CABLE INTERNET,AND I ALSO HAVE A USB TO NETWORK ADAPTER WHERE I CAN HOOK UP MY XBOX TO,NOW THE QUESTION IS HOW DO I HOOK UP MY XBOX TO MY PC SO I CAN GET INTERNET TO MY XBOX AND SAVE STUFF FROMM MY XBOX TO MY COMPUER AND WHAT TYPE OF CABLE I NEED?tHANKS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

23r0c001
Xbox-HQ Experienced
Xbox-HQ Experienced

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:17 pm   
Post subject:

Just use ICS. Ethernet card goes to modem with normal cable, USB to xbox with crossover cable. Go to Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Network Connections. Right-click the ethernet card and hit properties. Go to advanced and check both boxes under the "Internet Connection Sharing" heading. That's how I do it, and I haven't had a problem with it.

EDIT: he told you how to do it 4 posts up already Smile, just thought I would add a fallback, in case his doesn't work. It should though, give it a shot.

wes213
Administrator
Administrator

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:52 pm   
Post subject:

LOL i might need to take pics of the setup step by step. Laughing The bridge and shareing are just about the same thing anyway so go with what works here. Wink

tury70
Xbox-HQ Member
Xbox-HQ Member

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:16 am   
Post subject:

hey guys,i loaded a football game but it say wait till xbox live updates and when it finnish updating,it went back to like it came from the factory.my EVOX display and all the programes are gone.Should i do it againg and load SID and AID ???

Reply to topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next |