Cromwell v2.40 now has a number of often asked features, that previous versions lacked. A summary:
* You can lock/unlock your xbox hard disk from a menu.
* You can change PAL/NTSC/NTSC-J and widescreen/normal video modes from a menu.
* You can power off/reboot the xbox from a menu.
* You can add multiple kernels to boot from - the linuxboot.cfg syntax has been enhanced to accomplish this. See manual for info.
* Xbox IR-remote driver repaired.
* You can plug in controllers while Cromwell is running.
* Xcalibur 480p HDTV support added.
* Known issues:
-Will not work on '1.6b' xboxes.
-Will still hang at boot if you have too many USB devices attached.
-Owners of Xbox v1.0 systems and Xenium modchips seem to experience booting issues.
Feedback welcome - mail the xbox-linux-user mailing list.
- *NEW* ISO9660 native support in BIOS - If no MBR on HDD, boots from
Mandrake 9 install CD to install Linux itself
- *NEW* honours linuxboot.cfg if found in HDD /boot or CD
- *NEW* extra compile-time options at BootResetAction.c line 24+
- now capable of booting a Mandrake 9 Linux install by itself
- VIDEO IS FULLY UP (Composite cable only, PAL) at boottime and
inside Linux; works with Oliver's accellerated X driver (reserves
4MByte of RAM for video)
- the ROM image is now 256KByte, works with all flashablemodchips
- ** No Microsoft code ** - a legal alternative BIOS
- auto-unlocks the HDD according to your EEPROMinformation
- boots using MBR -> active partition -> reiserfs native loader,so it does not use LILO or GRUB, or keep any private HDD space.
ALSO NOTE: this version is for v1.0 boxes only. The preferred methodof running the BIOS on v1.1 needs the original Xcodes.e Version: | Size: 90.71 Kb | Date: 25-Jan-2004 | Downloads: 841
Take a band of gun-toting rebels - a robot, a madman, a mole and a criminal mastermind. Put them in a vividly stunning fantasy realm. Then give them an impossible mission - pulling off the biggest hei..