I'm sure you all turned on your 360 and got the update on the 6th and if you are wondering what it was or why it was there since it obviously did nothing to change your dash at all then i got your answer right here guys, it seems the update was just a small bit of ground work to prepare your 360 for future growth.
Major Nelson has reported the following to clear it all up for us: "A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features."
"To be clear: This is not the new Xbox experience update. That will come in the Fall."
So to recap and beat the dead horse it was just some preparation for the fall update that will include such features as:
* Entertainment without limits: With LIVE Party, bring your favorite games, TV shows, movies, and pictures to life by sharing those experiences with friends, wherever they are around the world.
* Express yourself: With the new Xbox 360 experience, personalize your entertainment like never before. Create your own avatar, designed exclusively by Rare, and jump into a party with friends from around the world.
* "Must See TV" and more: The biggest names in entertainment worldwide, such as Netflix, NBC Universal, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, SCI FI Channel, USA Network, Constantin, and MGM are bringing their content to Xbox 360.
360 Degrees of Entertainment
The 2008 Xbox 360 entertainment lineup of games, movies and TV shows is its best and broadest ever. Whether for fans of action, role-playing, racing, sports, strategy, party, or action-adventure games, Xbox 360 has the biggest blockbusters and the most exclusive content in 2008 and beyond:
* The new game show: The new Xbox LIVE channel Xbox LIVE Primetime represents an all-new way to play. A collection of virtual game shows such as "1 vs. 100," Xbox LIVE Primetime allows thousands of gamers to become contestants from their living rooms, playing together simultaneously, live with content that is always fresh and relevant. The global phenomenon 1 vs. 100 is created by Endemol, the world's largest independent production company and the producer of the hit show Deal or No Deal.
* Blockbusters: Final Fantasy XIII will be available on Xbox 360 at launch in North America and Europe. Xbox 360 is the only place to play the year's biggest games, such as Gears of War® 2, Resident Evil 5, Fable® II, and exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV episodes.
* Music: Xbox 360 is the preferred stage for all the best music games, including Lips, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and DanceDanceRevolution® UNIVERSE3.
* Family: Xbox 360 gets the whole family playing with titles such as Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts,Scene It? Box Office Smash and Viva Piñata®: Trouble in Paradise.
* Sports: Xbox 360 remains the best place to play sports titles, including leading franchises like Madden NFL, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, NBA Live, NHL 2K, and more.
* TV and movie entertainment: Xbox is home to the best TV and movie entertainment, including exclusive games such as You're in the Movies and 1 vs. 100, exclusive films and TV from Netflix, and the world's largest online library of on-demand high-definition TV shows and movies.
: Major Nelson