It's been a while since we posted news of the Blaster360 as we have been extremely busy with the enormous success of the X360 USB.
The final external design has been completed and the tooling for the moulds are rolling out of the factory this week.
We had to redsign a few of the internals to make sure this device was 100% reliable so a Digital Sata Exchange Switch is now used to give optimum performance. We've attached a picture to give you an idea of what the messy insides look like
Another Recap of what this product is:
The Xecuter Blaster360 is an external switching device when, once fitted, allows you to flash your DVD Firmware without ever having to open up your Xbox 360 case ever again. In the era of constant firmware updates (I think there have been 22 so far?) this is an absolutley essential tool saving both time and effort, making the firmware update process a walk in the park.
Some questions answered...
1. Once fitted the device allows you to switch your DVD to flashing mode and to be flashed externally without ever having to open up your Xbox360 cases again.
2. It has a seperate molex power connector. This is for electrical safety and security. It resolves any short or grounding issues and keeps the Xbox360 PSU and any external flashing procedure seperate.
3. It has a switch to switch between normal 360 read operation and PC flashing operation.
4. There is a Modeb switch for Hitachi drives
5. You can connect direct to SATA or use the X360USB
6. There is no cutting of any of the outer case whatsoever - it is a clean install with no visible damage.
7. We have included a switch to disable the LED glow or to disable the LED alltogether (for those that don't like LED's)
8. We have optimized the design so it fits flush to the case and so you can also remove the hard drive with ease.