More details about the Fractal 360 Xbox 360 DVD Patchmod has been released:
Fractal 360 specs:
* Only 12 wires to solder for BOTH Hitachi-LG and Toshiba-Samsung DVD drives
* On the fly patching! Your onboard firmware stays untouched.
The F360 intelligently monitors the operation of the original firmware until it detects a disc has been inserted. If the game is an original, the F360 switches off and your behaves like an untouched reader as no patches are applied what so ever in the event of this scenario.
* No need to convert disc images, the F360 is fully compatible with actual security sectors.
* Media Fix for Hitachi drives which optimizes media compatibility - a software applied bitsetting. When a backup disc is inserted, the bitsetting is forced to that of an original disc thus optimizing media compatibility.
* Security sectors and game ripping on both Hitachi and Samsung drives
* Optional installation of a dual coloured LED, a green light signals the current set up has been authenticated to safely go online, whereas a red light indicates a backup is inserted and not safe to go online.
* Fully automatic F360 disable feature for original games. If the drive is able to read a security sector from the original location then the chip detects this and automatically turns it off, achieving maximum user security.
* One universal unit only to work with Toshiba and Samsung drives, the F360 doesn't require two revisions.
This is an non exhaustive list of features.
The full features list will be announced in 2 weeks, so stay tuned