Published byPson on 2006-05-24 Category: Mac | Page Views: 30,103
This brief tutorial was sent to me by PSON who had issues trying to FTP using his MACOSX machine.. :).. We found some nice mac downloads for all your apple guys and i have added them to our downloads area..
- 1 x Apple MAC (MACOSX) PC
- 1 x Modded Xbox Running a Hacked Dashboard like: EVOX, XBMC, UnleashX Etc
(If you want to mod your xbox use AID (http://www.aideluxe.com)..)
- 1 x FTP Client program installed onto your mac. We are using fetch ftp for this tutorial. (download here)
- A Basic understand of how to setup your xbox and apple ip address.. You can use the tutorial here which i have written which may help all those mac users.. (FTP Network Tutorial)
1. You will need to go and download and install the fetch ftp program onto your mac.
2. You now take the dog icon and click and drag it to the desktop.
3. Go to your box and set the IP to 192.168.1.5, with the sub net of 255.255.255.0
4. Now go to the systems settings and click your network icon below.
5. Set the auto to man. and use the Ethernet modem too.
6. Change your ip on the xbox to 192.168.1.3 and have your 255.255.255.0. Now reboot the x-box. (you must have a hacked dashboard like EVOX, XBMC etc installed before you can ftp into your xbox)
7. Open the fetch program by clicking and right away it goes to the quick launch.
Enter in the following info:
8. Thats it.. Once you press connect you should see your xbox drives on your mac.. :)
If you are running a firewall you may want to disable it if you are NOT connecting. Thats what could be causing your problems.. Once you get it working you can then configure your firewall again and re-enable.
You just learnt how to ftp (file transfer protocl) using a Mac..
I will add some screenshots if i get the time in the near future.
A combo pack of the latest chapters in SNK's legendary 2D fighting series, bundling together King of Fighters 2002 and King of Fighters 2003 and making them available for the first time ever in the US..