HQ NETWORK:   Xbox One |  Xbox 360 |  Auto Installer Deluxe |  Web Games Arcade HQ Network: 1,450 | Guests: 556 | Members: 3 


   Current Location: Forums Xbox Collections Show Off your Xbox's   |   For Sale:: Xecuter X3CP Black Xbox (SOLD)   |   Xbox-HQ VIP Lifetime + Jewel   |   Xbox Boots with Red/Green Error?   |   Batch22b DirectX/XACT Plugin   |   Profile - Most Recent Forum Activity Updated   |   XBOX-HQ.COM Is Getting A Huge Update This Year   |   How To Earn Money Using Your PC - Crypto Mining   |   10 years...Later this has to be done!   |   FAKE AUTO INSTALLER DELUXE FOUND (THUMBS DOWN)   |   
  Home | Active Topics | CD/DVD Media | Downloads | Forums | Feedback | Games | HardDrives | Homebrew | My Profile | ModChips | Reviews | Search | SoftMods | Tutorials

Xbox Forums

Discuss all aspects of the original Xbox Console in our Interactive Xbox Forums..

Xbox-Hq.Com :: View topic - Xbox-HQ Network Updates Today!
Xbox-Hq.Com Forum Index -> Xbox-Hq Errors and Suggestions
Post new topic Reply to topic    
 Xbox-HQ Network Updates Today! View previous topic :: View next topic  
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23033
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 pm   
Post subject: Xbox-HQ Network Updates Today!
Reply with quote
 
Hi guys,

I have spent all night tweaking xbox-hq to make it much faster for you all. In otherwords i am starting to combine all our code and compress it into css and .js GZIP compatible files which will make your stay here much nicer.

If you notice any little errors or anything please report them right here.

If you would like to something on the homepage added, please let us know, i am always looking for ways to improve xbox-hq with XBOX 1 (The Original Xbox) stuff.

Hope you notice the improvements, more to come.

_________________
HQ Network - Xbox - Xbox 360 - Xbox One
Registered HQ Network users can access all of our websites using the one username and password.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
I can add some suggestions down the line.

Oh and by the way, let's called original xbox 'og xbox' when distinguishing it from the new 'xbox one' console. Otherwise just plain old 'xbox' when no distinction needs to be made.

Besides it sounds so gansta that way Laughing


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
forahobby
Administrator
Administrator




Joined: May 22, 2003
Posts: 23033
Location: NSW, Australia

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
it seems like these small improvements i made on XbOXHQ has improved the visitors again.. Good to see.. Smile Xbox will always be a gangsta!
_________________
HQ Network - Xbox - Xbox 360 - Xbox One
Registered HQ Network users can access all of our websites using the one username and password.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
 
 
 
 
Amiga1200
V.I.P. Lifetime




Joined: Jun 19, 2012
Posts: 461

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:24 am   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Confused
og-box?!?!
GANGSTA?!?! (somebody SHOOT me in the face)
THIS is NOT a two bit 'cap in yo azz' operation...
it's a professional site! Mad
.......
i hope i never see xbhq with 'og-box' in the address/splash or 'gangsta' because it's NOT cool and it DOESN'T make the place look hip....
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow
[edit]
anything hyping up 'thuglife' isn't a good thing (games non-withstanding in context)...just my bit considering the world suffers as a result of hyping up criminal behavior! (gangsta = drugdealer/bad person...need i say more?)
...........
and og-box comes across as.......nvm!
.....
@ admin.
anything is good an all (your home) but if the 'pigeon english' and hype is to be a norm here, i'd have nothing to contribute!
....
Arrow Crying or Very sad

_________________
to all my friends... farewell and all the best to future prosperity... and remember, be excellent to each other! Wink


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
amiga1200 wrote:
Confused
og-box?!?!
GANGSTA?!?! (somebody SHOOT me in the face)
THIS is NOT a two bit 'cap in yo azz' operation...
it's a professional site! Mad
.......
i hope i never see xbhq with 'og-box' in the address/splash or 'gangsta' because it's NOT cool and it DOESN'T make the place look hip....
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Arrow
[edit]
anything hyping up 'thuglife' isn't a good thing (games non-withstanding in context)...just my bit considering the world suffers as a result of hyping up criminal behavior! (gangsta = drugdealer/bad person...need i say more?)
...........
and og-box comes across as.......nvm!
.....
:


@Amiga, I get where you're coming from but with the Xbox One coming out soon and M$ unwilling to change the name, I'd prefer to say 'og xbox' rather than having to type out 'original xbox' Yes 'OG' does mean original gansta, but it would also just be an abbreviation for 'OriGinal' as well.

Obviously if we're all just talking about plain old xbox on here, then calling it an 'xbox' won't be confusing based on context. If we start having threads comparing or discussing both consoles at once, I'd prefer to distinguish original xbox from the 360 or Xbox One by just saying 'og xbox'.

Remember this is a forum on the internet, people are lazy typers on here generally. I try not to be but sometimes I am lazy. Just look at SPPV, he likes to use abbreviations all the time. Doesn't bother me, long as I know what he's talking about.

No reason to get so upset over a name. "A rose by any other name is just as sweet" Wink


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
 
 
 
Amiga1200
V.I.P. Lifetime




Joined: Jun 19, 2012
Posts: 461

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:15 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
Sad
it's not the name but the LAZINESS that gets me! (i've made my point!)
look at the splash/address for this area of hq, how can it MISS? (or confuse) [xbox-hq.com] but while you're in the green, look to the upper left of site UI for the other hq related links, they seem VERY clear where i'm stood?!
Quote:
HQ NETWORK: Xbox One | Xbox 360 | Auto Installer Deluxe
...can't see why that needs a NAME change! (so don't be shy articulating yourself as best you can. in fairness to your response, we ALL could do to better our native language/keyboard skill)
.............
Quote:
No reason to get so upset over a name. "A rose by any other name is just as sweet" Wink
^^ have you had experience with english roses? they're choc-full of bracken and thorns!
yes, they smell sweet but woe betide the poor sod who tries to uproot one! Sad (metaphorically speaking) Razz

_________________
to all my friends... farewell and all the best to future prosperity... and remember, be excellent to each other! Wink


View user's profile Send private message
 
 
 
 
halofan102
Moderator
Moderator




Joined: Jan 17, 2013
Posts: 451
Location: Murica

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:48 pm   
Post subject:
Reply with quote
 
amiga1200 wrote:
Sad
it's not the name but the LAZINESS that gets me! (i've made my point!)
look at the splash/address for this area of hq, how can it MISS? (or confuse) [xbox-hq.com] but while you're in the green, look to the upper left of site UI for the other hq related links, they seem VERY clear where i'm stood?!
Quote:
HQ NETWORK: Xbox One | Xbox 360 | Auto Installer Deluxe
...can't see why that needs a NAME change! (so don't be shy articulating yourself as best you can. in fairness to your response, we ALL could do to better our native language/keyboard skill)
.............
Quote:
No reason to get so upset over a name. "A rose by any other name is just as sweet" Wink
^^ have you had experience with english roses? they're choc-full of bracken and thorns!
yes, they smell sweet but woe betide the poor sod who tries to uproot one! Sad (metaphorically speaking) Razz


I don't think Hobbs is planning to change the name of xbox-hq to 'og-xbox hq' lol.

If I prefer to write 'og xbox' instead of original xbox when required by context, then what does it matter?

There's bigger things to be concerned about. How about people who use the word 'literally' when they meant figuratively? How about using the word 'data' as a singular noun? etc.

I could go on for days about the stupid things people do. No use getting worked up over it, unless it directly affects me in an unavoidable way. Of course I don't mind laughing or pointing out anything absurd, I just try not to let it bother me. Cool


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
Display posts from previous:   
  Post new topic  
 
  Reply to topic  
|
 All times are GMT | Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
 

 Members Online (3) / Guests Online (556)
Members Browsing
TaylorUsy4, ArchAngle, professor_hex,

Legend
Administrator  Moderator  VIP Member  Registered User  Banned Users